Home

CPU On-Ball Defense *Temporary Fix*

This is a discussion on CPU On-Ball Defense *Temporary Fix* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 12:24 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: CPU On-Ball Defense *Temporary Fix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
A much better solution is to put more effort in practising you stick skills, learning the plays, learning how to use picks.

You can use sliders, buts its a cheap artificial fix. There is some occasional sliding, but not much.

Here is a video of me beating my defender without a dribble move. I threw a couple of jab steps, got him shading one way, opened up a lane.

Hey guys, look at how easily I can use the best player in the world to get by people.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:38 AM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Hey guys, look at how easily I can use the best player in the world to get by people.
Here's some videos I put up about using basketball skills to play a basketball game. I play almost exclusively with Dallas. They have no iso players. Ive been in scrimmage, blacktop and freestyle for probably 10 hours learning how to play the game. Lots of posters say the D is fine; what else to they say? Learn how to play the game. Practise.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:47 AM   #11
Rookie

loadedlux's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Here's some videos I put up about using basketball skills to play a basketball game. I play almost exclusively with Dallas. They have no iso players. Ive been in scrimmage, blacktop and freestyle for probably 10 hours learning how to play the game. Lots of posters say the D is fine; what else to they say? Learn how to play the game. Practise.

Hey man the Mavericks signing of Deandre Jordan didn't go through!

I have only played 1 full game of 12 min quarters since the early thursday midnight release. Lots of freestyle, scrimmage too. Slowly but surely i will learn how to attack properly instead of wiggling that right stick like a mad man lol

Last edited by loadedlux; 10-04-2015 at 02:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 01:05 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 3

The time i have put in the lab has been well spent, ive learned little nuances that have improved my timing and execution dribbling greatly. But i will say this:

A lot of the backlash the on ball defense is getting is to a large degree 2k's fault.

If they had a tutorial that explained the changes, how to use angles and how isos usually create space instead of driving lanes the reception would be totally different (Aside from the warping and sliding). It would realign peoples expectations with reality and give those who dont have the time to get in the lab and learn through trial and error a quick reference for improvement. As it is now people are jumping into the game with hundreds of hours worth of 2k15 muscle memory and experiencing a system shock when what they think should, and has been working, is shut down.

Then it boils down to a tug of war between those who have learned the ins and out and those who may not even know where to begin to do the aforementioned. One group claiming the on-ball defense is damn near impenetrable while another is trying to pump out example vids and tutorials.

That's not our job.

As a hardcore community we often go the extra mile to learn a detail, so we share it with others, but in no shape should we be the ONLY source of DETAILED information. It's time for 2k to include an in-depth skills trainer.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-04-2015 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:16 AM   #13
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedlux
Hey man the Mavericks signing of Deandre Jordan didn't go through! :P
Please, its still painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedlux
I have only 1 full game of 12 min quarters since the early thursday midnight release. Lots of freestyle, scrimmage too. Slowly but surely i will learn how to attack properly instead of wiggling that right stick like a mad man lol
Good man. Its heaps more rewarding than just dropping sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »