Home

Gameplay: Pick n Roll bugged

This is a discussion on Gameplay: Pick n Roll bugged within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Angry Gameplay: Pick n Roll bugged

I am very sorry to write what I have to say , but unfortunately we have a big problem of gameplay : the pick and roll is totally wrong . IT IS TOO EASY ! Put your PF or C in a position to make a two-handed dunk is too easy . I played four games with the TWolves both Pro and AllStar , the PnR between Rubio and Towns has produced 90 % of my points , Towns has made ​​at least 25 dunks every game . please change something in the next patch or suggested some adjustments with slides , the game is currently unplayable, it is too easy to cheat using PnR

...sorry for my poor english
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gameplay: Pick n Roll bugged

Try superstar or hall of fame is one option. Another option would be to stop spamming the pick and roll and do other things on offense
Old 10-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
Try superstar or hall of fame is one option. Another option would be to stop spamming the pick and roll and do other things on offense
I'll try but I think Superstar or hof is too hard for me.
I don't like to cheat I used so much PnR just for test, but it is very hard don't use an easy PnR when you are loosing by 1 and 10" left.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

There's already a bug thread, though this is, if anything, a tuning issue, not a bug, as you describe it.

And yeah, how about you bump up the difficulty if you find those levels too easy. There are two difficulty levels higher for a reason.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
There's already a bug thread, though this is, if anything, a tuning issue, not a bug, as you describe it.

And yeah, how about you bump up the difficulty if you find those levels too easy. There are two difficulty levels higher for a reason.
At what level do you play ? Did you notice the same problem ?
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #6
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Its been mentioned in other threads that the AI will often leave the roll man unguarded making PnR too easy to abuse. There's also a problem with lack of help defense rotation which isn't helping the situation. Both are well documented here, and I'm hopeful they'll both be addressed whenever we see a gameplay patch.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
Its been mentioned in other threads that the AI will often leave the roll man unguarded making PnR too easy to abuse. There's also a problem with lack of help defense rotation which isn't helping the situation. Both are well documented here, and I'm hopeful they'll both be addressed whenever we see a gameplay patch.
Maybe my impressions from blogs are incorrect, but I just assumed adaptive artificial behavior and team adjustments would have prevented something like this or any go to move by the user. Given the pick and roll game is (I'm assuming) used fairly frequently by NBA teams, that something like this could have been prevented through testing. Didn't 2k say that if you keep doing something over and over, the teams will adjust on the fly. I personally was surprise that the help defense isn't as strong as it should be especially when someone has gotten into the paint.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Maybe my impressions from blogs are incorrect, but I just assumed adaptive artificial behavior and team adjustments would have prevented something like this or any go to move by the user. Given the pick and roll game is (I'm assuming) used fairly frequently by NBA teams, that something like this could have been prevented through testing. Didn't 2k say that if you keep doing something over and over, the teams will adjust on the fly. I personally was surprise that the help defense isn't as strong as it should be especially when someone has gotten into the paint.
That's correct, but I don't think the AI is recognizing it as "abused/repetitive" play due to the fact it's rare if your opponent is able to do it in back to back possessions. I can honestly say that I do believe it's a good money play especially if you have players with the brick wall badge. I've been "immune", because Paul George and Monte Ellis have gold badges to counter the effects, and I will switch off George Hill if my opponent tries to abuse with their PG.

In my online games, I started using the defensive setting to control how my players hedge on the PnR plays. I can honestly say that it can abused if you leave everything on "auto", but I was able to adjust pretty easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »