Home

Can We Admit Shooting is Now Broken?

This is a discussion on Can We Admit Shooting is Now Broken? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 10:13 PM   #49
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can We Admit Shooting is Now Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Would need to see the whole possession to understand why you got an F. But usually it's one of two things. You got bodied up a bunch of times prior to shooting or you dribbled around for too long prior to shooting. If either of those two things happen on a given possession you should probably take a 2 or let someone else shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow that sounds great Beluba. So you're saying that fatigue actually affects shots now?

I really like where the shooting is now in the game. Nothing feels automatic, but if you work for good looks throughout the whole game you are rewarded. Hitting a 3 now gives a rush of excitement where as in 2K15 i felt nothing because it was just so common and expected. But now if im open and hit a 3, I celebrate just like Russell Westbrook lol
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

Video: http://youtu.be/4X_M3mNKDag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 10:21 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Would need to see the whole possession to understand why you got an F. But usually it's one of two things. You got bodied up a bunch of times prior to shooting or you dribbled around for too long prior to shooting. If either of those two things happen on a given possession you should probably take a 2 or let someone else shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All I did was bring the ball up court and cross over from a screen into a wide open 3, you do the coding so explain since neither of the 2 happened

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Wow that sounds great Beluba. So you're saying that fatigue actually affects shots now?

I really like where the shooting is now in the game. Nothing feels automatic, but if you work for good looks throughout the whole game you are rewarded. Hitting a 3 now gives a rush of excitement where as in 2K15 i felt nothing because it was just so common and expected. But now if im open and hit a 3, I celebrate just like Russell Westbrook lol

There is practically no fatigue in online team up.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:33 PM   #53
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I have a bigger issue with in the paint. I think the contest is registering even if it's not a contest on most post moves. I can get a man leaning to the left hook shot to the right and miss the majority of the hooks. Also I can turn the same thing around on the CPU and make him miss. It also makes guys like TP, who finishes with slithering layups all the time, useless in this game. Definitely needs to be looked at. It's frustrating to run good offense, dump it down and get a great move to create some space and miss a easy hook shot etc.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #54
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Lol you still hit the shot dude so there's really no need to be complaining. And i think you got an F quality because you were just bumped from Kyrie and then you turboed into a shot.

Same thing with the 2nd clip. This is something that's been in the game since last year. If you turbo around or run around to get open for a shot, it gives you a lower shot quality grade. It has to do with fatigue and rhythm i believe. This is nothing new. Ease up off the turbo and you'll get better quality grades.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-10-2015, 10:41 PM   #55
Banned

Can We Admit Shooting is Now Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Lol you still hit the shot dude so there's really no need to be complaining. And i think you got an F quality because you were just bumped from Kyrie and then you turboed into a shot.

Same thing with the 2nd clip. Ease up off the turbo and maybe you'll get better grades.

Second clip I got a A-, misses. Beluba said I would have to get bumped a bunch of times, not nudged once. I can live with missing the A-, they had me missing B+'s through A-'s all game. But to have a wide open 3, get a F, and it go in, raises so many questions regarding the shooting system. Also had more than half my turbo bar left...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 11:23 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmanpblog
Video: http://youtu.be/4X_M3mNKDag

how can it be broken if on the second shot you got an A. That said, that first one wasnt crazy contact. Meter aside, i like what im seeing from shooting.

When a contested, off balance, or off a good move shot goes in its impressive and unique so it keeps the "wow" moments coming.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-10-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »