Home

NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
TSC is now recruiting. Come try out not just another crew but an xbox family! We in need of everything! Team first mindset! If interested then hit me up on here or xbox(the league guy). Changing my gamertag soon. So hit me up soon! You must try out, willing to meet the requirements, and pass interview. Everything will be told when you hit me up. Not in comment section. The same crew or no crew! 20/19/03!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #106
Pro

Damm, I am late to the party on this...just played my first game and it is freaking awesome

I have bought every 2K game and basically never played online. Essentially, I don't play anything online. I only bothered even creating an online persona as my brother is online a lot and we are in different countries at the moment.

But, wow. It is great fun. I bought the Jordan Edition on PS4 basically just for Pro Am...I already have the game on PC where I will play a full NBA season.

I am a pass first point guard...dished six assists, one turnover. Was pleased with that, but I have the worst shot imaginable. Shot 1 from 7 and each felt literally like I was throwing a brick.

Excuse my naivety here...but do I need VC to upgrade my shot or it will improve the more I play?
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 PM   #107
Rookie

PSN: PrepP

SF/PF

Play team ball and I play the "garbage man" role. Grab rebs, play D, take wide open shots, a little of everything. More worried with getting the W than scoring points.

I have a team if you want to play or I will run with some other teams. Send me a request on PSN with OS in the message.

Also looking for a team-up league to join on PS4,.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:03 AM   #108
Pro

I love this mode...already addicted.

I do wish there was a mode though where everyone was essentially equal. I.e. Best players win based on skill.

As it is...some dude who is a 90 rated three point shooter is draining threes like he is Ray Allen.

While I take the same shot and throw up bricks If I add about 10 000 VC to my 3 point game, I also will be draining those same shots.

So, it basically costs money to play well?

Note...yes, I know you can grind through MyPlayer to get VC, but that mode is tedious. I basically on,y play NBA season mode.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #109
Rookie

Can't wait I'm bout to play now
Old 10-17-2015, 12:31 PM   #110
Pro

Re: NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait

This mode is so addictive..spent hours on today.

Great fun...played some teams who obviously knew each others and their roles, you can see the difference. One team had two incredible rebounders just owning the paint v my team. Not much could do about them.

I am playing just as a walk on...makes it hard as you do not know each other's game etc, but still great fun.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:33 AM   #111
Pro

Had my best game today...12 assists, zero turnovers.

Hit two from two from downtown also from guys kicking out to me.

I am a Jason Kidd type player. If guys are free, I try and hit them. Shoot only as a last option.

Absolutely love this mode....it is seriously sucking up all my free time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 06:19 PM   #112
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I've seen a lot of interesting teams while playing Pro-Am, but this is unacceptable. Whatever you do, please don't be like these Dodi Boiz we ran across.uploadfromtaptalk1445206780632.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »