Home

My gripe with the MyCAREER YouTubers

This is a discussion on My gripe with the MyCAREER YouTubers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 12:48 AM   #25
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My gripe with the MyCAREER YouTubers

I noticed that Smoove lets Harden handle the ball and/or calls plays for him a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 AM   #26
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
The other big issue is your AI teammates in mycareer are terrible, the mode forces you to play hero ball.
This 100xs!!!!! No matter the difficulty your team plays like buffoons...so it kinda causes you to play hero ball
Old 10-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #27
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Which is why I don't watch Smoove as often as I used to. Now Shakedown2012 is a fun guy to watch. Not only does he post MyCareer videos, but he plays the park and most recently Pro-Am. More importantly, i've noticed that his games are stellar and he lets the AI get stuff done. The biggest issue, like others have already said, involve 2K itself. An even bigger issue is the lack of youtubers playing power forwards and centers because it's less fun to watch in comparison

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 10-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCavaliers360
I know most of you probably will not agree with me or call me crazy, but I've been playing 2K for almost 10 years now and this has really been bugging me about the MyCAREER Youtubers: EVERYONE is a ball-hog, including Smoove. Smoove, for example, plays with Harden and Howard, and you never see them do anything. He is responsible for all of his team's points through either scoring or assists, which is completely unrealistic. Everyone who plays MyCAREER is a stat-whore. No other player can touch the ball for more than 5 seconds or make a play themselves. Most people would probably argue the point of MyCAREER is to ball-hog, but it just annoys me. I'm a long-time Smoove fan back to his days of 2K7 when he used to criticize the game in his monotone voice too.

Smoove has a good IQ for the game, but damn, he makes Kobe look like Iggy or something.
Smoove is the GOAT. Period. End of discussion.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #29
Rookie

I started off on HoF like I do every year. Year 2 when we actually play the season, my Pelicans started off 4-18 and i was having 15 Pts, 12 Rebs, 7 ***, 2 Stls and 3 Blks a game as a SF. So I went "hero ball" going 30, 15, 5, 3, 4 but still couldn't win.

I knocked it down 1 and I can go 20, 10, 4, 2 and 3 and we win 3/4 games now. Sometimes I have to throw up 40 points here and there, but generally I get about 24 points a game
Old 10-20-2015, 01:34 PM   #30
Rookie

Nymesis21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
I said something similar last year. I think they should do associated careers where it picks up MC players in your region and puts them in your league starting with your friend's list. Teams would be better and their ratings can go up while they build their characters.

This way, you can add some of your favorite YTers or friends gamertags and their players will be in your season. This would limit generated rookies and would be fun to start a game against a team and see someone's MC player you're about to go up against. The CPU controls them of course, but it would still be cool.

Would make for some cool recordings as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdurantmvp
I imagine in the future, we will get connected myplayer. Where you can have your friends myplayer inside your career mode. Similar to how WWE 2k had like 4 of your friends pop up in your career mode
I don't know if you guys played this game called Dragons Dogma, but they basically do that. You can create a bodyguard and other people can use your bodyguard and vise versa. If 2k did this it would have some amazing rivalries and friendships

-August Burns Red
Old 10-20-2015, 02:28 PM   #31
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

Having played HOF for years now and watching smoove I can say that he has to play that way to win. Like your teammates just don't show up for you on HOF. You have to basically force them into good positions which leads to turnovers and unrealistic looking stats and play. But I wanna win so you gotta do what you gotta do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #32
Rookie

Im not a youtuber, but as a Center, I dont usually call for the ball or ball hog unless teammates are killing the game for us.

I follow the plays.

Im starting a point guard also on another profile and I plan to run plays and not hog or iso

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »