Home

3 pointers arent broken, you are?

This is a discussion on 3 pointers arent broken, you are? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #41
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 3 pointers arent broken, you are?

When people keep repeating "watch the release," what does that mean exactly?

I thought it was supposed to be timed to release the stick/button at the top of a jump shooter's jump?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
When people keep repeating "watch the release," what does that mean exactly?

I thought it was supposed to be timed to release the stick/button at the top of a jump shooter's jump?

I've always watched the wrist when there was no shot meter. Some people have said they watch the players feet. I'm convinced the shot meter has made a lot of people paranoid. Lol. I only keep the shot meter on because of free throws. But it's best not really pay attention to it or just use it for a general gauge. But it's best to Learn your shot animation or watch the release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 01:20 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBoi
You're not telling people anything in this thread that they don't know already that's why its pointless. "Set your feet before you shoot." That was the norm in 2k15 especially in JRC even before Patch 4 came along. Chopping up a few highlights of hitting 3's over a span of two days proves nothing. Post a gameplay of a full Pro-Am game and show your percentages that way. Anybody can put together a video of them hitting 3's. How consistently are you hitting them each game? Your video needs to show that in order to be helpful to someone. I'll also say making a Balanced SG isn't the way to go if you're gonna be chucking up 3's consistently. Outside is definitely the way to go this year IMO.

On a side note the only way to be consistent with your shooting is by repetition (obviously). MyCourt will not help with perfecting your jumper as there is no Lag/delay in MyCourt. You'll have to play MyPark or Pro-Am to get a true feel for the jumper you're using. Your release in Pro-Am may be a tad bit slower than MyPark due to connecting to more people (just like last years game). Gallinari, Rudy Gay, Aldridge, 70, are still great jumpers in 2k16 if you wanna try those out. I gave 22 a run for a day or two and it was broken for me. Switching jumpers every other game won't help at all either people. Find something you're comfortable with and stick to it.
Upload a full 40 min game to this forum? What are you crazy? No one it's going to watch that. If you feel the need to analyze a full game from me go to my twitch.tv/penn_st_daycare
Im not a balanced sg either. I was just trolling in hopes some noobs would create them based off this video. I don't just jack up threes either. You watched a 3pt highlight video....ffs what else we're you going to get watching that? Look at my statlines in those highlights. You'll see tons of assist and points that obviously aren't from just shooting 3pts
Old 10-21-2015, 01:25 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Isn't cheese fest 2k15? I literally cry to myself after every game I shoot 70%+ on HOF because I know 2K is going to buff us because of all the complaint threads.

I'm not even kidding. I find it easier to score this year than I did last. Just a signature skill into a shot = made mid. If you're hot, you shoot 6/8 from down town. If you do a practice and have a shot buff you literally cannot miss if you intentionally screwed up your release.

Am I the ONLY one beating HOF so badly it's boring? I'm not even bragging. I just wish people would stop being a ball hog or expecting to be MJ at a 70 overall and simply run plays so they can see how easy it is and ask for 2K to work on making it more realistic.
Do you even play pro am though? Or are you just destroying cpu all day? I feel this years game is balanced around pro am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »