Home

Shot % Tweaks needed?

This is a discussion on Shot % Tweaks needed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Shot % Tweaks needed?

Step dribble jumpers (left stick and shot stick at the same time) from a standstill need a major boost for the players that should be able to do them. This is offline (I haven't tried online) set to All-Star Sim.

With Steph Curry, one of the best at them, the average grade I get on a open step back jumper from a standstill in practice (and in game) is a C or a C-. The best grade I can get with a well timed release is a B-, and it is some what rare (about 20-30% of my attempts).

However, shooting after dribbling in other ways (whether it's after a size up, escape dribble, or a tap of the left stick) produce much better results (A- or so). It seems the step shot from a standstill should be just as good as these other dribble shots if not better. In fact if I do a step shot and pump fake and immediately shoot it on a reload, it actually nets an A- on average timing (when it should maybe be a worse shot?)

This makes it very difficult to replicate what a player like Curry is capable of, and hard to reproduce simple open stepbacks to step behind the line, as well as moves like the "side-Steph", where a side step shot is performed after pump faking a defender. It's especially disappointing it's not particularly effective because the step shot implementation looks and feels so great this year.

It seems as if stepbacks from a standstill are being treated the same as step shots after full speed movement. Now it may be problematic if everyone was able to step shot from stationary with ease, but the players known for it should be able to, perhaps determined by high ratings that determine off the dribble shooting and/or badges like shot creator and step back freeze.

Is it simply due to a underpowered shot creator badge as described above?

Last edited by Sundown; 10-22-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Shot % Tweaks needed?

Contact layups and and-1 layups go in at too high of a rate for CPU on All-Star. Perhaps for the user as well.

A player like Shaun Livingston only ever seems to get C- grades for post turnaround shots even against shorter opponents. Livingston is well known for taking and making these on smaller opponents. I'm not sure if this is a rating issue or the implementation overall. It falls often for a C- but is probably less reliable and accurate than I like. Perhaps Cs are not that bad in the current grading system with moderate chance of makability?
Old 10-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #59
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I like shooting in Play Now Online

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #60
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGFLUENT
Please lower the foul frequency in Pro-Am. You don't get rewarded for putting your hands up as a big in the paint, because most of the time they will call a foul even if the other player forces up a shot and ends up getting bailed out. There's times where you would have 4 fouls at half and end up fouling out in the 3rd.
Pro Am feels like Superstar Simulation so yah fouls are exacerbated

Old 10-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #61
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

I personally loved how things were when game first released (for Park) - I have been experiencing input lag and loss of frame rates since these shooting tweaks were applied. This makes my experiencing poor moreso than any shooting percentage issue 😔

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #62
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
3's off the dribble are still a little too high.

Feet set mid-range feels good now. Not automatic when open, but a reasonably high percentage.

Pull-up midrange jumpers might need a little bit of a boost. I'm better off coming to a complete stop and getting the feet set animation than going into the pull-up animation that is generally slow enough to allow a strong contest.

CPU *Superstar and HOF* floaters are far too accurate with guards who don't shoot them often IRL. It's fine if Parker, Rose or Curry are making those at a high clip, but when Tyreke Evans or Darren Collison are equally accurate, it normalizes the unique offensive approach of some of the elite guards.

Some of the post-up moves could use some tweaks, but part of that is that post defense (user v. user or user v cpu) is pretty iffy right now. There are too many times that contact is inconsistent down low:

Fades feel pretty good right now. It's a low percentage shot for all but a few players in the league.
Stepback jumpers may be a little too successful out of the post against user opponents as it is too easy to freeze the opponent with a juke then stepback for an uncontested shot.
Hook shots are about right.
As mentioned by others, face-up jumpers from close range are way too effective.
Yes! CPU floater tendency needs tweaking and their success is far too high right now lol

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 10-21-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

PIP still too high. Seeing too many small ballers with no momentum scoring over the top of bigs. With momentum it's fine but those prone shots with the awkward trajectory need to go.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
NOT a % tweak but you guys need to lower PIP numbers and have players take more mid range shots.
This!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »