Home

Two fouls that need to go....

This is a discussion on Two fouls that need to go.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Two fouls that need to go....

1) The auto shot fake foul. I had a play earlier today where Diaw jumped out at Dirk, (late contest so he would've landed short)...but since Dirk pump faked be "double jumps" and goes into the contact animation. It was UGLY...and shows the fundamental problem with this foul. It should only trigger if we actually put a shot ups

2) The standing contact foul. A player gets the ball in the post....the player goes for a a shot, the body's collide and it's called a foul. This foul is such a bailout. Even though it's helped me at times, it's hurt me in others. There's no real rhyme or reason to it. I could see if it triggered when you were bodying up the post man...but it's pretty random...

Hopefully everyone gets what I'm talking about, will update with vids later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 10:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Two fouls that need to go....

Man, all you do is complain about this game...

Just kidding.

I agree on the bail outs. I've gotten used to them as they happen every game, multiple times, but I would love if they didn't bailout such ugly stuff. Like if it's a fast break 1v1 I have no problem with a foul or basket nearly everytime... But too often do they call random bail out calls.

Kind of ruins the pace of the game when you are always on a dead ball from a bailout, an auto timeout after 2 made shots, free throws, and lengthy cut scenes to benches and refs.

They've fixed the refs (I think) taking forever inbounding, and improved inbounding after made shots, but it still feels like WAY too many deadballs. Sure you'll get that in the real NBA , but damn it gets old in a video game to only get 3 plays max in before a dead ball of some sort.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Also the random blocking fouls when a player starts driving. I've seen at least 3 instances where I was given a blocking foul simply for trying to play a driving defender with no buttons pressed or even pushing towards the ball handler. But these fouls are good enough to me as I see more free throw attempts this year than any other year luckily

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 11:15 PM   #4
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but I've found when I'm pushing the sticks toward the opposing player while he's posting up, that's when a foul is called. This differs from when I just leave the stick alone, usually leading to a no-call.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:18 PM   #5
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but I've found when I'm pushing the sticks toward the opposing player while he's posting up, that's when a foul is called. This differs from when I just leave the stick alone, usually leading to a no-call.
This plus L2 seems to trigger a hard foul a lot of the time (including on driving players). Kind of hate that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 12:03 AM   #6
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

The calls really have nothing to do with a button or trigger press. It's random and the pump fake foul is almost about 75%. It's being abused online too. The only way to counter it is with the hold square steal animation in the paint.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #7
MVP

Don't they call these fouls all the time in real life?
Old 09-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Don't they call these fouls all the time in real life?

Yep, and Id really hate to see like what happened last year where online people whine enough about shooting being to hard and 2k changed it and ruined it. Not saying the OP is whining, but most of the time when 2k changes something then it ruins the game.

If they can make the change for online only then that's fine if enough people want it, but offline leave it alone, finally there is these type fouls being called at a more realistic rate. Still overall not enough non shooting fouls in the game, but its improved.

Im sure the OP probably understands the game of basketball and knows this already, but that's what the pumpfake is for and your not suppose to bite on it, meaning don't jump at the pump fake.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »