Home

2K16 has totally killed contested shooting

This is a discussion on 2K16 has totally killed contested shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #17
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K16 has totally killed contested shooting

I agree with this. It was fun last year to jab step with Kobe and make a jumper if he was hot.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #18
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
Curry is a human cheat code. Bringing him up in an argument for video games should not be allowed. If 2K allowed us to play with Curry like he plays in real life, the mods of this forum would have to be fireman with all the fires they'd be constantly putting out.
You guys are using "Curry is too good in real life" argument way over the top, we are talking about more players, do i need to list all the players in the nba who hit contested shots with consistency (to an extent obviously, they dont make every shot they take)

Lebron from the post
Wade from the post
Melo from Triple threat (jab step etc.)/post
LA
Dirk
Durant
Curry
Kobe
Derozan

and so on and so on, it's pretty much non existent in the game right now though (at least offline and im not even playing on HOF).

My point is, there are bunch of players in the nba who 1.Have the ability to hit contested shots with decent consistency 2.Are not afraid to take contested shots even if they are not as good as the top tier players at making them (Derozan), now go in a game and try to use Derozan the way he plays in real life... heck, try to use Melo from the triple threat and come back to me with the results.

Last edited by lisinas; 11-01-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Guys for offline players just change jumsphoot gather User/Cpu to 20 go to scrimage and you see a difference
Now this response i understand and appreciate, i will try that later and come back with results.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #20
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0

So let me just pass the ball the to Curry on the wing and shoot a contested 3 off the catch everytime. You guys are trying to make this game too realistic. There are different levels of contested shots in this game (in the guys face, on-ball hand up, close out fly by) and they all result as they should for a basketball SIMULATION. You complain about stars not hitting contested shots.... go play on HOF sim. Lebron will plow thru you driving, hit a contested fade from the post. Curry will splash 3s on you if you sag off a little bit. The game is plenty realistic. I gotta admit at first I loved the game, then hated it, but now I love it even more than before because the expectations have already been set.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 19

disagree.
are you using real field goal percentage or user timing.
I find the game to be properly balanced. If I find that a player is hot, he will hit a good % of contested shots.
I also think the release point is affected based on the defender, and type of shot.
In addition, a few games does not dictate a trend. you really have to see how these stats play out during the course of an entire season.
In the end the % of contested shots will be close in percentage to the open shots made %.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #22
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
So let me just pass the ball the to Curry on the wing and shoot a contested 3 off the catch everytime. You guys are trying to make this game too realistic. There are different levels of contested shots in this game (in the guys face, on-ball hand up, close out fly by) and they all result as they should for a basketball SIMULATION. You complain about stars not hitting contested shots.... go play on HOF sim. Lebron will plow thru you driving, hit a contested fade from the post. Curry will splash 3s on you if you sag off a little bit. The game is plenty realistic. I gotta admit at first I loved the game, then hated it, but now I love it even more than before because the expectations have already been set.
We are talking from User controlling those players perspective and you cant pull most of that stuff with any of the superstar players.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Hey, I agree with u bro. I play with the Warriors and u are absolutely correct. Curry hits nothing unless he's 100% wide open. And that in itself is unrealistic. I wonder if 2k actually watch real life games sometimes. Like u said, Curry hits a lot of shots even with a hand up. Now I know it's a video game and there has to be a counter for Curry but maybe he shouldnt get penalized as heavy. I agree he's basically a spot up shooter and nothing like he is in real life. I think it's a joke the way Curry is watered down in this game.

And what's the point of putting step backs and side steps in the game if their never going to hit them. Curry hits step backs easily IRL. But good luck trying that in the game.

Mike is adjusting step backs in a patch AND wide open shots based on player rating, whom Curry will be the biggest benefactor from. It wasn't that hard to convince Mike to do the former when the issue was presented without exaggeration and in detail, even though it meant going into code to make the change and made it more involved than a regular shot tweak.

Not sure why information on what is being addressed is again being ignored.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #24
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Mike is adjusting step backs in a patch AND wide open shots based on player rating, whom Curry will be the biggest benefactor from. It wasn't that hard to convince Mike to do the former when the issue was presented without exaggeration and in detail, even though it meant going into code to make the change and made it more involved than a regular shot tweak.

Not sure why information on what is being addressed is again being ignored.
That all we needed to know, thank you !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »