Home

2K ratings have king of put me over the edge for this year's title

This is a discussion on 2K ratings have king of put me over the edge for this year's title within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
2K ratings have king of put me over the edge for this year's title

The rating system this year is poorly done/executed. Over the next few sentences, I will lay out statistics and the contrast b/w players.

This year the ratings were supposed to be sort of the thing about the game that kept us in-tune with the season. For those of us that play a lot of MyTeam, Dynamic ratings were the main new feature. But so far, the ratings have been severely inconsistent and have leaned incredibly heavy on the beginning of the season. In a lot of cases, the increases/decreases and lack of changes after dont reflect the play since their increases/decreases.

Lebron started the season an abysmal 1-13 from 3. since then, he's going 14-39 shooting 39%. 2K dropped his 3-point rating to 70 to reflect his poor start, but have failed to adjust to reflect his play since. Not to mention that they've refused to touch his passing(consistently one of the league's best passers), rebounding(same rebounding stats as CP3), and others.

Harden started the season off struggling. But righted the ship so much, that he won Western Conference Player of the Week last week. 2K lowered his stats to reflect his poor start, but didnt even touch him during the run in which he won an achievement recognized by the league itself. Surely there would have been a boost in numbers that dropped him. Since then, his numbers have been more or less the same since he won, but the team as a whole hit a snide which caused the firing of McHale....but harden dropped another 2 ratings points although his play was relatively the same?

Hassaan Whiteside is the poster-child of 2K rating inconsistency. First off, his rebound numbers are incredibly Godly. His ratings are 91 offensive and 94 defensive(base ratings before any increase). Deandre Jordan's base ratings are 79 Offensive rebound. Deandre's offensive rebound average this year is .2 ratings points lower than Hassaan.....but this translates into 12 ratings points lower? How? Especially when Deandre led the league in Offensive rebounds last year. And with Hassan Whiteside averaging 12 total with 3 offensive, his rebounding ratings are higher than HAKEEM OLAJUWON in MyTeam whom they've manage to give a 65 Offensive and 83 defensive...but has the same numbers.

Draymond Green is top 5 in assist totals and top 7 in assist average per game. his passing ratings are all in the 70s.

Demarcus cousins is shooting 45% from 3 and at a higher frequency than Anthony Davis. but has only 3 ratings points higher than Anthony Davis who is shooting 37% from 3.

Eric Bledsoe is shooting almost 50% from the floor. 39 from 3. 71% from 10-16 feet and 46% from 16-<3 but they have his shooting close in the 80s and midrange in the 80s. if anybody should be in the 90s in both, it should be him.

Langston Galloway was shooting 60% from 3 all year up until now where he is at 56%. he's 23-41 on the season. his standing 3 is an 86. how much higher of a clip should he shoot to reach 90?

Danny Green is shooting 28% from 3 this year. His standing 3 is an 82 rating. his start to the year was just as awful as Lebron but somehow he still has as serviceable jumpshot in this game. He is only 4 ratings points lower than Galloway who is 30% higher than Green is shooting the 3. i mean come on.

CP3 somehow managed to go down in rating and has been injured. talk about insult to injury.

I could go on....but you get the point. The ratings so far are incredibly inconsistent and need far more accurate attention.

Last edited by freeagentwallace; 11-18-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Re: 2K ratings have king of put me over the edge for this year's title

Old 11-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Don't forget about Scola shooting 47% with a 40 standing 3 rating even after all these roster updates.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:13 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
Don't forget about Scola shooting 47% with a 40 standing 3 rating even after all these roster updates.
bruh if i combed the rosters, i could legit find a ton of inconsistencies that are legit gross. but that's 2K and Stauff's job. I shouldnt be finding these.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #5
Rookie

mellowmiind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeagentwallace
The rating system this year is poorly done/executed. Over the next few sentences, I will lay out statistics and the contrast b/w players.

This year the ratings were supposed to be sort of the thing about the game that kept us in-tune with the season. For those of us that play a lot of MyTeam, Dynamic ratings were the main new feature. But so far, the ratings have been severely inconsistent and have leaned incredibly heavy on the beginning of the season. In a lot of cases, the increases/decreases and lack of changes after dont reflect the play since their increases/decreases.

Lebron started the season an abysmal 1-13 from 3. since then, he's going 14-39 shooting 39%. 2K dropped his 3-point rating to 70 to reflect his poor start, but have failed to adjust to reflect his play since. Not to mention that they've refused to touch his passing(consistently one of the league's best passers), rebounding(same rebounding stats as CP3), and others.

Harden started the season off struggling. But righted the ship so much, that he won Western Conference Player of the Week last week. 2K lowered his stats to reflect his poor start, but didnt even touch him during the run in which he won an achievement recognized by the league itself. Surely there would have been a boost in numbers that dropped him. Since then, his numbers have been more or less the same since he won, but the team as a whole hit a snide which caused the firing of McHale....but harden dropped another 2 ratings points although his play was relatively the same?

Hassaan Whiteside is the poster-child of 2K rating inconsistency. First off, his rebound numbers are incredibly Godly. His ratings are 91 offensive and 94 defensive(base ratings before any increase). Deandre Jordan's base ratings are 79 Offensive rebound. Deandre's offensive rebound average this year is .2 ratings points lower than Hassaan.....but this translates into 12 ratings points lower? How? Especially when Deandre led the league in Offensive rebounds last year. And with Hassan Whiteside averaging 12 total with 3 offensive, his rebounding ratings are higher than HAKEEM OLAJUWON in MyTeam whom they've manage to give a 65 Offensive and 83 defensive...but has the same numbers.

Draymond Green is top 5 in assist totals and top 7 in assist average per game. his passing ratings are all in the 70s.

Demarcus cousins is shooting 45% from 3 and at a higher frequency than Anthony Davis. but has only 3 ratings points higher than Anthony Davis who is shooting 37% from 3.

Eric Bledsoe is shooting almost 50% from the floor. 39 from 3. 71% from 10-16 feet and 46% from 16-<3 but they have his shooting close in the 80s and midrange in the 80s. if anybody should be in the 90s in both, it should be him.

Langston Galloway was shooting 60% from 3 all year up until now where he is at 56%. he's 23-41 on the season. his standing 3 is an 86. how much higher of a clip should he shoot to reach 90?

Danny Green is shooting 28% from 3 this year. His standing 3 is an 82 rating. his start to the year was just as awful as Lebron but somehow he still has as serviceable jumpshot in this game. He is only 4 ratings points lower than Galloway who is 30% higher than Green is shooting the 3. i mean come on.

CP3 somehow managed to go down in rating and has been injured. talk about insult to injury.

I could go on....but you get the point. The ratings so far are incredibly inconsistent and need far more accurate attention.

Bro preach!!! I've been crying to the 2k dev team about this for years!! Also They tend to touch the popular players more then they touch the role players which drives me crazy🏽 2k is always selling a dream on what they can do but refuse to put any effort to do it. 2k is simply lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #6
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Anotha one "DJ Khaled voice"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 11-18-2015, 03:33 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't really get too worked up about the numbers themselves, more on how guys are playing....(see Kobe Bryant and the '85' freak out) but to each their own....

We are what? 3-4 weeks into the season? I personally wouldn't them to change ratings to drastically either way. Like Danny Green, who is a career 40% 3PT shooter....id be annoyed if he was dialed all the way down because of a cold streak.

Just me though...
Old 11-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #8
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Jae Crowder leads the league in steals...His rating is a 69

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »