Home

Anyone NOT struggling with dribble moves?

This is a discussion on Anyone NOT struggling with dribble moves? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #17
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Anyone NOT struggling with dribble moves?

I want to see you in the highlights thread with some of theses moves.

Personnaly I haven't practiced moves that much. I do some simple things but I feel it's reponsive this year.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:41 PM   #18
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgotdaprops
I struggle sometimes with putting moves together, which leaves me accidentally isoing against a player and running the shot clock down to 6... but in the end moving in one direction and then spinning the opposite way and driving always works lol.

LOL, that's basically what ends up happening to me quite often. Crossover and spin seem to be the only moves I have unfortunately. I pretty much always run set plays, or PnR's but if they don't work, I usually screwed if I have to go iso. Oddly enough I have played basically every 2k basketball game evr made except for my boycott of NBA2k9 after they decided not to make Choops any more, yet dribble moves in iso leave a lot to be desired,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #19
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

OS's own jerseymade just made a dribbling tutorial ironically

Old 11-24-2015, 11:36 PM   #20
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
OS's own jerseymade just made a dribbling tutorial ironically

Damn......I need to practice some more...
Old 11-25-2015, 12:11 AM   #21
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You just have to lab a bit man, learn how to chain moves together, and get 2k's system down.....I think the biggest mistake is approaching the game like "this is what I'm doing, it should work" instead of learning how things work. That's just my opinion though.

I honestly feel I can pull off what I want to do, when I want to do it at this point.
I mean, I think it's a little unfair to assume I haven't. I've spent time in the practice area, trying to see how things work. And I've used Scrimmage to try the same stuff, but it never seems to translate into in-game success. I also think it's unfair of the game or its makers to expect those of us with jobs and families and whatnot to spend a bunch of time outside of the actual game, trying to figure out how or why the sticks are supposed to work with the gameplay. If there was some sort of feedback, or some sort of training, or really ANYTHING in the game that would help you figure out the damn dribbling system, I'd (probably) be much less frustrated with it.

I also really wish they would explain a little more about when you're supposed to start chaining moves. Sometimes, there's a long delay between the time you hit the stick and it happening on the court. Is that my fault? Is that the game? I don't know! And the game doesn't bother to tell me. There have been times where I've managed to get by my defender, but, inevitably, I've already unfortunately hit the R-Stick so my guy does this super-delayed move which allows the defender to catch up.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I still love the game, and really enjoy playing my offline League vs. the CPU. But I still have major frustrations.

Don't get me wrong, I like the depth, and I often don't mind difficulty. I just hate not knowing what I'm doing incorrectly.

Last edited by torpidbeaver; 11-25-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 12:40 AM   #22
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

From your post you're definitely doing things wrong. Slow down
Old 11-25-2015, 12:43 AM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Anyone NOT struggling with dribble moves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
I mean, I think it's a little unfair to assume I haven't. I've spent time in the practice area, trying to see how things work. And I've used Scrimmage to try the same stuff, but it never seems to translate into in-game success. I also think it's unfair to expect those of us with jobs and families and whatnot to spend a bunch of time outside of the actual game, trying to figure out how or why the sticks are supposed to work with the gameplay. If there was some sort of feedback, or some sort of training, or really ANYTHING in the game that would help you figure out the damn dribbling system, I'd (probably) be much less frustrated with it.

I also really wish they would explain a little more about when you're supposed to start chaining moves. Sometimes, there's a long delay between the time you hit the stick and it happening on the court. Is that my fault? Is that the game? I don't know! And the game doesn't bother to tell me. There have been times where I've managed to get by my defender, but, inevitably, I've already unfortunately hit the R-Stick so my guy does this super-delayed move which allows the defender to catch up.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I still love the game, and really enjoy playing my offline League vs. the CPU. But I still have major frustrations.

Don't get me wrong, I like the depth, and I often don't mind difficulty. I just hate not knowing what I'm doing incorrectly.

Rant was pretty unnecessary tbh, lol

I'll spoiler this as to not take the thread too far off track

Spoiler
Old 11-25-2015, 01:46 AM   #24
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

Oh, sorry man. I wasn't trying to come after you with that. Let me try again. I'll also stick it under the spoiler, but apologies for sounding like a dick.

Spoiler

Last edited by torpidbeaver; 11-25-2015 at 01:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »