Home

We want rec back because more rep ?

This is a discussion on We want rec back because more rep ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: We want rec back because more rep ?

To be honest, I'm glad that Pro-Am doesnt have rep because it keeps My Park cheeseballs out of the competition.

I've came across a greater challenge trying to beat the top Pro-Am squads than dealing with cheeseballs and randoms wearing goofy outfits at the park yet only competing to win more goofy animations/clothes. The only incentive I cared for was VC. Most Pro-Am players could care less about Park. It's fun as is.

Pro-Am is supposed to scare off the My Park ballers. I love that and plenty of people are having a blast with it. NO REP PLEASE.

Last edited by OG_Almighty; 12-03-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #18
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Almighty
To be honest, I'm glad that Pro-Am doesnt have rep because it keeps My Park cheeseballs out of the competition.

I've came across a greater challenge trying to beat the top Pro-Am squads than dealing with cheeseballs and randoms wearing goofy outfits at the park yet only competing to win more goofy animations/clothes.

Pro-Am is supposed to scare off the My Park ballers. I love that and plenty of people are having a blast with it. NO REP PLEASE.

I cannot understand the logic that people have with this. Please...just educate yourself.

Ask yourself why was the Rec last year a cheese fest?
The answer is because it was on All-Star Non-Simulation. The only way something is cheese is if you get rewarded by it. Pro-Am is HOF/Superstar Simulation, where you simply cannot cheese in it. You don't get rewarded for it. Adding rep to it, do you know what it's still going to be? HOF/Superstar Simulation.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 12-03-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06

I cannot understand the logic that people have with this. Please...just educate yourself.

Ask yourself why was the Rec last year a cheese fest? The answer is because it was on All-Star Non-Simulation. The only way something is cheese is if you get rewarded by it. Pro-Am is HOF/Superstar Simulation, where you simply cannot cheese in it. You don't get rewarded for it. Adding rep to it, do you know what it's still going to be? HOF/Superstar Simulation.
Educate myself? You sound like you need it more than I. Allow me to assist you.

The answer is NOT because of the difficulty, it was due to the fact that you have a 2K community who will exploit anything in order to brag about being a my park Legend. The difficulty setting has little or nothing to do with the cheese. It's the mentality of the demographic.

Now, let's analyze your tiny bit of logic. Why should a mode that has NOTHING to do with mypark, can't be accessed from my park nor contain any of the rewards from mypark contain rep? Should we start getting rep in My Team and Play Now while we're at it? Did you not listen to LD2K specifically explain on 2KTV that the Pro-Am was meant to be a stand alone mode and will NEVER have rep added to it? What's is so hard to understand about that? So your logic makes more sense than a team of developers who get paid to make these games for a living?

You sound like a salty park cheeseball -- with all due respect. If pro-am turns you people off, good. Stay away.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:

The answer is NOT because of the difficulty, it was due to the fact that you have a 2K community who will exploit anything in order to brag about being a my park Legend. The difficulty setting has little or nothing to do with the cheese. It's the mentality of the demographic.

Now, let's analyze your tiny bit of logic. Why should a mode that has NOTHING to do with mypark, can't be accessed from my park nor contain any of the rewards from mypark contain rep? Should we start getting rep in My Team and Play Now while we're at it? Did you not listen to LD2K specifically explain on 2KTV that the Pro-Am was meant to be a stand alone mode and will NEVER have rep added to it? What's is so hard to understand about that? So your logic makes more sense than a team of developers who get paid to make these games for a living?

You sound like a salty park cheeseball -- with all due respect. If pro-am turns you people off, good. Stay away.
Oh dear...

You do realise that if you try to cheese on Hall of Fame/Simulation difficulty, that ProAM is set on, that you will be beaten by any decent squad who plays proper basketball? That is what he is saying. If people want to have a win at all costs mentality then they are going to have to play proper basketball.

Also why would you give rep for MyTEAM or Play Now for modes which don't involve your MyPlayer? What is being suggested is that you should receive rep for all online modes where you play as your MyPlayer... how is that anywhere near comparable?
Old 12-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #21
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I also believe REC should be left out. I don't think I am fully understanding, but Pro-Am is basically REC especially walking on. The only thing missing is Rep right?

Now, I am a 2K10-11 Crew guy and I thought this was the year it would be back and I play usually just for fun. That's how Crew was, just playing games no VC or rep but they did have stat tracking and a leaderboard that kind of meant something.

I barely played any ProAm games because it's boring as hell. Now, I don't really care about leaderboards or even rep that much where it would've stopped me from playing this mode if it was more like Crew. But they definitely help. And rep should definitely be in. But this mode needs a lot of work. It's just too boring for me without commentary and all the other stuff it's missing. But 2K just add rep for Pro-Am, I mean why not? Doesn't even have to be as much as Park. More VC and less rep in Pro-Am. Less VC and more rep in the Park.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The premise of the thread suggests its not about rep, but it seems that's exactly what it's about, lol. I think rep should stay in the park and park modes.

I rather them keep Pro Am separate...it needs to be cleaned up, ironed out, but I love the premise- and its a lot of fun.

I mean, cant they have Rec and Pro Am? Doesn't have to be either\or
Old 12-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #23
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Your logic is illogical. Calling me a "salty park cheeseball" only shows immaturity.

Would you agree that something is only cheese if you get rewarded by it? Otherwise... it wouldn't be considered cheese then right? "Cheesy mentality", now that's a first if I've ever heard one. If they are not getting rewarded by it then they wouldn't do it, it's honestly that simple.

You can't do that in Pro-Am. You can't go right to left doing hesitation move after hesitation move to get open and drain every shot. Adding rep would not change that. The HOF/Superstar Simulation settings simply does not reward that.

I can't put it out any more clearer than that. I do agree with your point that Pro-Am is a different game mode. I would love to have the Rec Center back, but that just doesn't look like an option. More 2k man hours would have to be devoted to implementing the Rec Center in the next patch than to just simply add rep to Pro-Am. So that looks to be the only option.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 12-03-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
We have REC without rep! It's called Pro-Am.

JRC was broken and not sim at all. I hope it stays in the past.
Yes BUT you can't see which oponnent you get. I want see which rang he has. Is he good or bad player " in my team " " Walk in " .. What i want to say is .. Now it's more complicated. You musst send message to you guys. In Pro am walk in i find never 10 players lol Mabye its because i'm in europa ? I know it was laggy in 2k15 but i think 2k could fix that if people are around the games .. In park we have also no lagg . "Almost"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »