Home

**The Official Patch 4 Request Thread**

This is a discussion on **The Official Patch 4 Request Thread** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: **The Official Patch 4 Request Thread**

Autosubs are still wrong.

-In real life you rarely see 5 subs same time on same team, 2k do this almost every game.

-Best players should play on the end of the second quarter. In fourth quarter, starters play end of the quarter, but they are tired because they play whole quarter.

-Low minute starter play +30 mins in 2k(including usually whole fourth quarter), even his minutes are set to 15-20. Kevin Garnet is good example about this.

-Big minute bench player rarely play minutes they are set to.(they dont play enough minutes)

-Starters start every quarter. In real life, most of bench players start second and fourth quarter, so the starters(or at least 3-4 starter and 1-2 bench player) are fresh when second and fourth quarter are ending.

-Big minute starters should play the first 9-12 minutes of the first and third quarter. In 2k coach usually sub them out after 6 minutes, and take them back when the next quarter starts. Thats just not how it should go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
- Add park rep back to Pro Am so there is more incentive to participate, and punish people with heavy rep loss for quitting
This isn't going to happen...so don't get your hopes up.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #83
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
One of the main things that kills me about 2K. You can almost tell when someone is in the paint when something like this is about to happen. Especially on simulation.

I think we should wait till next year though. Even though it seems like they could just lower the sliders, I just got a feeling something will mess up. I can live with it for the rest of this year.
I kind of think its a Band-Aid for something too. At the least, maybe not make them all fouls? Not only is it annoying, but it seems like regression. People like to throw out 'animation this, animation that' but fact is 2k was doing a steady job of getting rid of the heavy two man animations at the rim and making them feel more organic. This is a step backwards in that area. I honestly don't have a lot of complaints about this years game and play the hell out of it, but this is a big one for me...
Old 12-04-2015, 11:46 AM   #84
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloJello
Please fix loose ball, its still a problem in mycareer or any other modes. Im so sick and tired of the CPU keep getting ball back either from a block or when the CPU looses the ball his teammate magically just pick it up. Like the ball just magnetize to their hand. There is a thread already talking bout this problem here

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-all-time.html
Yes, this is a big issue for me. In my last game I defected 2 strait passes. Both hit my player and bounced right back to the computer. Any time there is a loose ball it's 80/20 that the cpu gets it whether on defense or offense.

- Anyone know when Patch 4 will likely come out? (I'm thinking about starting my real myleague soon and didn't know if I should wait?)
Old 12-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #85
Rookie

bhzmfia14's Arena

OVR: 1

Pro Am fixes:

- if you are playing with a bot, allow their height to match their position. A lot of times, my squad is stuck with a 6'3 PF instead of one that's a reasonable height. This automatically causes a mismatch against the opponent who will probably have someone that's 6'10 or bigger at that position.

- allow interchangeable positions. i have a 6'10 SF and we have a 6'8 SF on our team. whenever we have a full 5, the 6'8 guy plays PF, while i'm playing SF. they should put the tallest guy at the bigger position. it throws off matchups and we have to manually switch defensive matchups throughout the game.

outside of that, i've really enjoyed the pro am experience. those two things really do hinder the experience at times, though.

edit:

after reading a few pages back, i also like the idea of matchmaking based on rank or at least the team rating. i also love the idea of forcing an auto L if the team is under 3 players overall. however, i disagree with the park rep being factored into pro am. it gives people far too much power in pro am and they rely on less skill when reps are factored in. i experienced this a lot in last year's game playing against teams with all legends. it just ruins the experience. your rep should be your team ranking if you have a consistent team.

Last edited by bhzmfia14; 12-04-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #86
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I kind of think its a Band-Aid for something too. At the least, maybe not make them all fouls? Not only is it annoying, but it seems like regression. People like to throw out 'animation this, animation that' but fact is 2k was doing a steady job of getting rid of the heavy two man animations at the rim and making them feel more organic. This is a step backwards in that area. I honestly don't have a lot of complaints about this years game and play the hell out of it, but this is a big one for me...
24th, I think it is a band-aid for a realistic amount of fouls per game. Imagine if it wasn't in the game; On 11-12/minute quarters that's probably 6-10 less fouls per game, which brings back the complaints of last year, at a rapid pace...

That is why I am proposing more fouls with perimeter defending and charges while upping on-ball defense a bit. The foul numbers would remain but not in the cheesy nature it currently is.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:07 PM   #87
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
24th, I think it is a band-aid for a realistic amount of fouls per game. Imagine if it wasn't in the game; On 11-12/minute quarters that's probably 6-10 less fouls per game, which brings back the complaints of last year, at a rapid pace...

That is why I am proposing more fouls with perimeter defending and charges. The foul numbers would remain but not in the cheesy nature it currently is.

I agree. makes sense...

because these types of fouls first started popping up after patch 2 (I think) in 2K15...
Old 12-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #88
MVP

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hen-curry.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »