Home

Dear Sports Media: Real Steph Curry Would Beat Video Game Steph Curry

This is a discussion on Dear Sports Media: Real Steph Curry Would Beat Video Game Steph Curry within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2015, 02:58 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
If 2k is a the Matrix, then SC30 is Neo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #26
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dear Sports Media: Real Steph Curry Would Beat Video Game Steph Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Accurate tendencies can have the AI replicate Steph's play. I say it all the time, ratings alone won't get it done. As much as Hassan Whiteside for example has been increased, when I sim a season with this man he averages like 1 block per game. Tendencies need the same attention as ratings and they have the data is available to get it right.
100000% man, I can't play against the CPU without completely overhauling tendencies. Not to mention how they control sim stats as well.

And what you mean, Whiteside has a 64 Block Shot tendency and Rondae Hollis Jefferson has a 99, thats accurate right?? Lol jk.

Just wish the masses realized the importance of tendencies rather than their beloved overall rating so 2k would actually dedicate some time to them. I'd do the job for free and have everyone in the league playing like they should, and the sim engine producing a season that mimmicks the real 2015-16.

It's a shame that the beautiful world of stats that NBA.com has provided with their stat tracking isn't being utilized.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 12-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 2

By the way this same thing is happening to me with Kevin Durant.... Why the hell I miss so many wide open shots with him while I can hit them consistently with Melo or PG? Truly unbelievable...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 12-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #28

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

That thread is the most clever and original way to kiss a game's *** that I've ever seen, lol.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #29
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Dear Sports Media: Real Steph Curry Would Beat Video Game Steph Curry

I haven't played with newly 96 rated Curry but I will say that their does need to be some fixing in his shots. I consistently miss lay ups, and easy floaters that Curry would never miss and I find myself missing a lot of them. Including his And 1 tendencies..I mean how many times do you see Curry drive to the hoop, get fouled and still make it? He does a lot but most of the time in the game he misses.

As far as 3 pointers, I feel like you can't start the game shooting 3's with him or even having him rest for a little. You have to shoot mid range baskets for a little before he will make a 3. I get that some times players have to warm up but I'm taking Curry missing wide open 3's. I was playing last night and went on a streak in the 3rd Quarter, computer subbed him out and brought him back in the middle of the 4th quarter and he couldn't make anything, until it was close to a minute left then he's clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)

Last edited by RLebron12; 12-09-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #30
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
I'm just glad Walton and Kerr know how to cheese with him.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #31
MVP

If you want to play like Curry, go pop in 2k15 and play Park/Rec. There you go. Y'all really don't realize you're basically asking for Patch 4 to return.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 12:05 AM   #32
Rookie

Saw some gameplay of the new diamond Steph being used in MyTeam from that scrub Cashnasty. He hit about 4 heavily contested 3's of zig-zagged pick n' rolls, so there you guys go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »