Home

2k experts please help how to do I dribble without getting ripped

This is a discussion on 2k experts please help how to do I dribble without getting ripped within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #25
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k experts please help how to do I dribble without getting ripped

ok its nice to see the coaches talking and sharing here ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 09:11 PM   #26
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDavid
I goal was to make a quick string drive to the left and finish with a layup or dunk. What I got is what you saw.

Dribble moves hold he player up and the automatic crossover pushed my guy all the way to the left into a defender.

How would you have driven the ball left but not to the left edge of the key

ok noted. firstly what coach2k mentioned are invaluable tips.

u could try this at practice mode. in this cam view, make sure yor right hand is dribbling the ball. hold yor left stick towards the baseline (not to the left). no need point to the basket bcos u may end up dribble with the left hand. next, flick the right stick to the left (just flick and yes, to the left) while still holding the left stick pointing towards the baseline. this is to address the qn on driving the ball left.

for yor considerstion. usually i find having a hesitation move first before u do the above can drive past the defender better. i got this tip from some other posts. with the ball on the right hand and left stick pointing towards the baseline, flick the right stick to the right. before the ball leaves the hand, turbo and point left stick to the basket (this will give u a crossover animation).

sometimes, the defender could hold their feet and follow where u go. now, trigger the next crossover move. to continue from above where the ball is now on the left hand and u are driving towards the basket, flick the right stick to the right and continue pointing yor left stick towards basket / baseline. get ready to tap (not hold) the shoot button for a hop step. continue pressing the shoot button to lay the ball. else, the animation will go into a hop step fake and u could do a up and under. alternatively, just dunk it.

the earlier post with "kobe can still cross", u can check out those animations there. the controls are what it is in that video.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:16 PM   #27
Pro

JoFri's Arena

also, on the second video, besides keep holding the button in post up stance to protect ball from defender, u can tap the icon pass button (LB) and release the post up button (LT). in this way, u are always in the post up stance and icons are enabled for u to get ready the pass when calling the play without the need to keep holding the post up button.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:23 PM   #28
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I goal was to make a quick string drive to the left and finish with a layup or dunk. What I got is what you saw.

Dribble moves hold he player up and the automatic crossover pushed my guy all the way to the left into a defender.

I got the patch and don't see the number of contact animation turn overs I did, but now that I am paying close attention the turn overs are related to the collisions. My player is dribbling the ball off of the other players legs and arms. If I keep space between me and the defender, get no penetration which in turn reduces the effectiveness of the offense.

I don't take a high number of shots but usually get the defense to collapse so I can kick to the open or hot hand.

How would you have driven the ball left but not to the left edge of the key
I use the Pacers all of the time and they aren't blessed with great elite ball handlers. I didn't check their ratings but would guess they are probably close to what your guy is maybe a tad higher.

I went back and watched the fourth quarter of a 12 min, hof, sim slider game I played last night versus a very difficult defender to see if I turned the ball over while dribbling and I didn't have a single one.

My opponent had one turnover while dribbling in the fourth quarter.

The final score of our game was 89-88 and I felt like we were all over each other defensively and you'd think if it was a game issue, others would experience it too.

What this means is that you can eliminate those turnovers with practice and awareness.

You might bump the difficulty down as well.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 12-16-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #29
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

I am having a better time with dribble turn overs

I have to use the pro stick and try and keep space between me and the defender. I still run into aggressive defenders whom close that gap.

I also cycled through the cameras.

2k camera lowers the dribble turn overs but make it hard to see good passing angles especially if a team mate is at an angle from me. The camera stops at half court so dribbling in the paint is hazardous

Drive camera increases the dribble turn overs but the passing angles are more natural. My assists go way up but my ability to keep space decreases.

Player lock works well for both dribbling and passing but defense, rebounding and pretty much any off the ball actions are clumsy. For what ever reason the camer movers to slow.

2k wire is a joke, at least for me

High is like the 2k camera

Parametric has no options to make it useable

Action and Action 2 can't see down the court on offense or defense depending on rev angle

ISO blind fast breaks feels old school

Skybox old school

With the play progression the way it is I can't make a pass first point guard out of an athletic player. Shooting attributes are all tied together.

I will continue to experiment and try out these suggestions.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:23 PM   #30
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I am having a better time with dribble turn overs

I have to use the pro stick and try and keep space between me and the defender. I still run into aggressive defenders whom close that gap.

I also cycled through the cameras.

2k camera lowers the dribble turn overs but make it hard to see good passing angles especially if a team mate is at an angle from me. The camera stops at half court so dribbling in the paint is hazardous

Drive camera increases the dribble turn overs but the passing angles are more natural. My assists go way up but my ability to keep space decreases.

Player lock works well for both dribbling and passing but defense, rebounding and pretty much any off the ball actions are clumsy. For what ever reason the camer movers to slow.

2k wire is a joke, at least for me

High is like the 2k camera

Parametric has no options to make it useable

Action and Action 2 can't see down the court on offense or defense depending on rev angle

ISO blind fast breaks feels old school

Skybox old school

With the play progression the way it is I can't make a pass first point guard out of an athletic player. Shooting attributes are all tied together.

I will continue to experiment and try out these suggestions.
What about broadcast ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:58 AM   #31
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

Ok I have been using the tips given by everybody.

My findings:

Dribble moves work for getting shots and space to pass, but sometimes too well.

Nothing stops turn overs excepted not being aggressive. If you put pressure on the defense you player dribbles off legs, feet, and your player lifts the ball into players. The ball physics kick in and you get lots of turn overs.

3rd and forth quarter are the worst. Your players rhythm or something cause turn over seizures. Also your team mates start running out of bounds and spin moving while being triple teamed.

Anyone play Live? I haven't played it since the year they added the freestyle dribble, it just became to easy. 2K is good but I spend a lot of my time rolling my eyes when my team misses layup after layup, or when Carmelo gets ripped by the other teams center multiple times. Or my center has a one step dunk but kicks the ball to a player covered fifteen feet from the basket. The last 5 minutes are fine but my team defense takes a dive and we give up contested threes and open dunks

I play 12min quarters with sim settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 03:03 AM   #32
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
What about broadcast ?
My brother plays that one, so we usually split the game between broadcast and what ever I use. I don't get many fast break buckets and my shots tend to be on the side of court nearest to the bottom of the screen

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »