Home

How realistic is NBA 2k16s gameplay overall?

This is a discussion on How realistic is NBA 2k16s gameplay overall? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How realistic is NBA 2k16s gameplay overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraiii
Thank alot to all of you; have any of you watched the videos i posted? Is this dodgy stuff still in 2k16? If so its a deal breaker for me...basketball (especially contrasted against the aforementioned MLBTS) is a game of physical interactions between human beings...which is especially tricky to replicate in a game (i get that)...but i want to play this game with other sim heads...and yoyo balls and balls warping trough limbs has no place in a sports sim for me...i am a little concered since a couple of reviews explicitly mentioned clipping as an issue in NBA 2k16 (and the did not even mention in the last years...where clipping obviously was a huge problem)

On the pacing issues: Can't the be fixed with sliders?
Man tell this person the truth, everything you see in that video and MORE is still in the game especially if you have any intentions of playing single player. The CPU is pulled to wherever the ball is going and the ball will refuse to be turned over even with you knocking it loose several times in same possession. The ball will eject itself from you and your A.I. hands just from CPU proximity to it, plain and simple. You block a shot and the CPU is instantly flying through air to recover it and shoot again, the ball drags ONLY the CPU to it literally every possession of any game.

You could turn the CPU sliders to 1 in all attributes and the CPU will STILL be dragged to the ball. It is FAR worse than 2k15 when it comes to CPU ball "recovery". In Myplayer expect to have your blood pressure increased drastically.
https://youtu.be/qYBagzqZaaU
Old 12-15-2015, 02:27 AM   #18
Pro

Yeah I've lost sleep and ditched work to play this game! Just wish I knew which difficulty level to play on for a gameplay challenge and not feel cheated with silly mistakes by teammates when you need the basket the most! Currently playing MyLeague player lock on SuperStar/Simulation and SuperStar/ ShadyMike Sliders. I see less blowouts when I come into the game with player lock and Shady Mikes sliders.

Also wish the crowed was better like the real NBA as it was mentioned in the trailer by Mike Wang! Maybe I need to download and reinstall but its just not there yet! Year 2 Year saves and its over for all other sports games! Because the biggest thing for me is stat building! Hopefully we'll see it in 2k17!

I still laugh when Rex Ryan in a interview told 2k Sports to watch out because NBA Live was right on their heels. Play this and you know that he said that for the cameras because I have never seen the attention to detail in a sports game like 2k16. My vote for Game Of The Year!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by belikemike
If only you could apply it to your CPU defenders. I agree it helps reduce the amount of bail out fouls YOU receive, but your CPU defenders inside the paint still commit such stupid fouls all of the time. Its one of the most annoying things about defense this year. Bail out after bail out foul constantly inside the paint.
You are correct.And that's what some people not all don't understand. The op specifically said he was mainly an offline player. People that are giving there opinion are most likely online players as we offline players are the minority . So when playing online you learn the "handicap" and adjust with stick skill adjustment and settings year after year.

In the offline world you learn the "handicap" and adjust with stick skill and adjustment for the user but and this is a big "but" you then have to find sliders/settings that minimize the cpu you are playing against. This is THE problem if you are an offline gamer in 2k16 . There are no sliders or settings i have found to fix the defensive issues(transition/help defense/player confusion ) which plague 2k16. So if you play mostly offline I would say wait and see after a patch 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanDave
You are correct.And that's what some people not all don't understand. The op specifically said he was mainly an offline player. People that are giving there opinion are most likely online players as we offline players are the minority . So when playing online you learn the "handicap" and adjust with stick skill adjustment and settings year after year.

In the offline world you learn the "handicap" and adjust with stick skill and adjustment for the user but and this is a big "but" you then have to find sliders/settings that minimize the cpu you are playing against. This is THE problem if you are an offline gamer in 2k16 . There are no sliders or settings i have found to fix the defensive issues(transition/help defense/player confusion ) which plague 2k16. So if you play mostly offline I would say wait and see after a patch 4.

This would be incorrect.

There are offline only guys in here, as well as us who dabble in online....in my case, both. The OP also didn't mention if he played MyCareer or player lock....so the limitations on your teammates actions will vary.

Your issues are well documented, but not applicable to everyone- not even offline....so it's a bit unfair to group everyone in the same category....

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-15-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This would be incorrect.

There are offline only guys in here, as well as us who dabble in online....in my case, both. The OP also didn't mention if he played MyCareer or player lock....so the limitations on your teammates actions will vary.

Your issues are well documented, but not applicable to everyone- not even offline....so it's a bit unfair to group everyone in the same category....
No sir you are incorrect. I speak in specific and the beauty of forums is my words are available for reference. I never stated all I specifically said some.

Secondly I never said all offline players have issues with the game as that would be a dumb and untrue statement you injected that logic.

Lastly I never mentioned mycareer or lock my statement applies to myleague/mygm because I stated that there was no setting/slider that I found(never said it don't exist because I am not all knowing ). Telling someone for example to change poe or defensive adjustment don't fix the problem if you are on offense playing AGAINST the cpu defense that applies to not just lock or mycareer .

The reason for caps is for comedy as you decided to not read my reply and attack something I never said that you had the gall to even quote smh.

Also i know it is well documented just like it is well documented that you have a need to reply and inject yourself in a majority of threads but thats the purpose right to do what ever you want inside the guidelines of the TOC.

So keep doing what you do because i will definitely keep doing what i do.Believe me I am all for debates and discussion but it has to based in reality.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
No sir you are incorrect. I speak in specific and the beauty of forums is my words are available for reference. I never stated all I specifically said some.

Secondly I never said all offline players have issues with the game as that would be a dumb and untrue statement you injected that logic.

Lastly I never mentioned mycareer or lock my statement applies to myleague/mygm because I stated that there was no setting/slider that I found(never said it don't exist because I am not all knowing ). Telling someone for example to change poe or defensive adjustment don't fix the problem if you are on offense playing AGAINST the cpu defense that applies to not just lock or mycareer .

The reason for caps is for comedy as you decided to not read my reply and attack something I never said that you had the gall to even quote smh.

Also i know it is well documented just like it is well documented that you have a need to reply and inject yourself in a majority of threads but thats the purpose right to do what ever you want inside the guidelines of the TOC.

So keep doing what you do because i will definitely keep doing what i do.Believe me I am all for debates and discussion but it has to based in reality.

Huh?

My comment wasn't an attack, so all the extra rambling was unnecessary and quite honestly you lost me around the third paragraph. I'll keep it simple though.

"People that are giving there opinion are most likely online players"

These are your words....this is what I was commenting on- this isn't accurate...there are quite a few offline guys in the thread...didn't say you were a bad person, just said it wasn't an accurate statement.

I'll "eject" myself from the thread though, as the OP had a question and I don't want it to go off track with a back and forth...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-15-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Huh?

My comment wasn't an attack, so all the extra rambling was unnecessary and quite honestly you lost me around the third paragraph. I'll keep it simple though.

"People that are giving there opinion are most likely online players"

These are your words....this is what I was commenting on- this isn't accurate...there are quite a few offline guys in the thread...didn't say you were a bad person, just said it wasn't an accurate statement.

I'll "eject" myself from the thread though, as the OP had a question and I don't want to go of track with a back and forth...
Not attacking just trying to correct. We are dealing in semantic now when you quote my assumption that I clearly said most likely and I even gave a reason to my assumption which has been verified by 2k in the past as they track these thing(ie more online modes are played than offline).Never said it as a matter of fact. So I could reply that you said I said "everyone" which would be false but I agree let not derail this we're done no beef here . To the op based on the videos of problems you have listed they still exist plus with bad defense I would wait and see after patch 4 before buying as it will be out shortly

Old 12-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:

Dolfandave,

As you indicated we are discussing against the CPU without playerlock, mycareer or whatever other modes that are not typical 5 on 5 standard playnow/Myleague games.

That is my avenue about 90% of the time. The other 10% is strictly playing against my friends at my house....zero online, so my opinion is predicated on what the OP desires.

Via your post, it has some truth but also many inaccuracies. What I am trying to say is as long as I utilize my defensive settings, control my defenders and adjust the other settings I mentioned on the last page; I have great results.

No, changing POE does not do much but defensive settings makes a world of a difference against the CPU on standard playnow/myleague 5 on 5 ball. Yes, you will have plays where your defense rotates and a man is wide open but doesn't that happen in real life?

If you expect to have lock down D every possession, you are in for a world of frustration. Bad defensive teams have horrible rotations, lackluster interior D, bad perimeter defense, pick and roll D, ect. And that's how it should be; we all cry SIM but want our cake and ice cream with perfect circumstances when playing but that's not how it should work. That's not an accurate representation of the NBA; Defensive lapses happen often in the NBA.

If I play with the Lakers, I can't stop hardly anything remotely to good basketball. But if I play with the Spurs, I can stop the CPU for 3-6 possessions straight at times. That's SIM ball.

You have to give to take or pick your poison when playing against the CPU. What I, you or anyone on this forum says isn't the bible. But the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Last edited by Nevertheles109; 12-15-2015 at 11:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »