Home

Why are passes so protected?

This is a discussion on Why are passes so protected? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #9
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Why are passes so protected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
The CPU steals them pretty good
If we have same or better success than CPU in playing the lanes: it's an easy RIP to the CPU off steals alone.

The game cannot afford to have us play lanes as well as the CPU, not in its current condition of coding lol

In My Career I see the same repeat plays developing and try as I may: the ball will still often reach its intended target despite my clear interference.

It's how the computer gets by... put us on their level of strength for playing the passing lanes and help defense: and it will get to the point where we have to resist in an effort to keep the games close and interesting

Instead of us handicapping ourself: the game does it for us lol oh well its still a win for us and and L for them

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #10
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I also want to add that we are afforded a god 360 view which the real life counterparts are not

In reality it's a big risk taking your eye off your man or playing the lane more than a pass / man away. In the game: I can see a screen developing behind me, say floppy play or pin down, and I can interfere in anticipation. The concern becomes exacerbated when we are able to cycle through different defenders on the fly and steer them into position.

So again, if the success becomes too cheesy: we end up resorting to gentleman rules or requesting patch fixes.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #11
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

You can't steal passes for **** in this game, especially those cheesy lead passes down court that people love to do for easy buckets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 01:01 AM   #12
Rookie

I think if you guys played park on PC against certain people you'd change your mind.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:22 AM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

One thing I did notice when I switched everything over to manual is I'm able to make more plays like this....it's like the assist settings slow reaction time

https://vid.me/0fnb
Old 12-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I also want to add that we are afforded a god 360 view which the real life counterparts are not

In reality it's a big risk taking your eye off your man or playing the lane more than a pass / man away. In the game: I can see a screen developing behind me, say floppy play or pin down, and I can interfere in anticipation. The concern becomes exacerbated when we are able to cycle through different defenders on the fly and steer them into position.

So again, if the success becomes too cheesy: we end up resorting to gentleman rules or requesting patch fixes.

this is completely true.

But being able to see the play develop doesn't change the counter for an over-aggressive defender. If you're flying around off a single screen, you should be more susceptible to a backdoor. If you are trying to undercut a double, the reliever should fade behind the screens.

also, in the nba the offensive player is more physical when trying to create an angle for the pass and establish positioning. representing that would allow for balance vs aggressive defenders.

There are basketball solutions for these problems.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 12-28-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #15
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

They'd have to make passing quicker and faster before they think about making them easier to steal imo and they'd have to make offensive player be more aware and find open spots when doubles come. I was just playing a game where I was down by 3 and my opponent tries doubling LeBron, leaving Kyrie open in the corner then LeBron throws a beach ball to Kyrie who then decides to step inside the line to make matters worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
They'd have to make passing quicker and faster before they think about making them easier to steal imo and they'd have to make offensive player be more aware and find open spots when doubles come. I was just playing a game where I was down by 3 and my opponent tries doubling LeBron, leaving Kyrie open in the corner then LeBron throws a beach ball to Kyrie who then decides to step inside the line to make matters worse.
I would agree that awareness in multiple areas would have to be tuned, but one thing i think that's odd is That many passes that shouldn't be fast are, and ones you thinks quick often float.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »