Home

With the Removal of Rec, It Feels Like There is No Community

This is a discussion on With the Removal of Rec, It Feels Like There is No Community within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #17
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: With the Removal of Rec, It Feels Like There is No Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Pretty sure the Devs attributed the lag/frame skips when facing the middle of the gym to the amount of people loading in/animations/etc.

I am not sure of the post, and am at work, so I can't really look it up. I will say I haven't experienced last year's lag this year, and this was an "Always" issue for me and friends.

My personal opinion is that the Pro Am needs work, but it's better than Rec due to matchmaking. Well, atleast after it got actually patched into the game. -_-

Sent from the "Wolf of Rivet City", Via Tapatalk
Oh yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. If you were facing towards the middle and there were a lot of people in your view with the 2K camera, the game would noticeably skip frames or "stutter".

Still though, that's an easy fix.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:44 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Early January is pretty much over and we've heard nothing about Road To Finals. We didn't want this crappy tournament anyway. We just wanted rep for 5v5.

2k16 would be the GOAT if they had rep for 5v5.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:58 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Pretty sure the Devs attributed the lag/frame skips when facing the middle of the gym to the amount of people loading in/animations/etc.
Correct, the most severe stuttering in 2K15's rec center would happen when your team was facing the open side of the court pointed towards the huge crowd of users.

There wasn't much stuttering when your team was facing the end of the court that had a blank wall, though there was still the usual input lag that 2K15 had in every online mode.

I don't miss the Rec's mode-specific lag or the 30 minute to an hour wait times in between games.

Pro Am has much better matchmaking and performance, though there's still the issue where people get the "waiting for opponent" countdown on the prematch loading screen and don't make it into the game. Once you get into a game it runs pretty smooth though this year.

If you're having trouble meeting people to play Pro Am, we have a thread on this very forum page, plus another online subforum that has tons of posts filled with people looking to join up.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-12-2016 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:05 AM   #20
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I have enjoyed Pro-Am a lot more than the Rec Center. No looking around for someone else with the correct park affiliation, no wait times, better performance overall (for me personally at least), and I couldn't have cared less about Rep, so its exclusion from Pro-Am doesn't hurt my enjoyment in the least.

I want to be clear, I'm not saying that the Rec Center shouldn't be added back in for those who enjoy it, I was just stating a counter-point opinion to that of the OP's.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:01 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Correct, the most severe stuttering in 2K15's rec center would happen when your team was facing the open side of the court pointed towards the huge crowd of users.
Then why not just make each court be next too each other instead of having courts infront of each other?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 01:12 AM   #22
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieicon91
Then why not just make each court be next too each other instead of having courts infront of each other?
Because initially it wasn't a problem until the servers filled up. Unfortunately once a game is out its not always as easy as just clicking and dragging objects, especially objects with code meant to take a person from the lobby directly to in game.

Because of this, as well as the squad based nature, and entire courts being locked by a sole person, people clamored for match making.

We have match making and a smooth running mode, now people are clamoring for old rec.

I'm personally happy rep is not a part of the mode. It's becoming a separate entity from the park, and lack of rep keeps a lot of cheeseballs out.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 01-12-2016, 05:36 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Because initially it wasn't a problem until the servers filled up. Unfortunately once a game is out its not always as easy as just clicking and dragging objects, especially objects with code meant to take a person from the lobby directly to in game.

Because of this, as well as the squad based nature, and entire courts being locked by a sole person, people clamored for match making.

We have match making and a smooth running mode, now people are clamoring for old rec.

I'm personally happy rep is not a part of the mode. It's becoming a separate entity from the park, and lack of rep keeps a lot of cheeseballs out.
Yes, the lag was because of tons of people standing and moving the middle of the gym, so if you weren't facing the wall then you would lag if you weren't on broadcast.

By putting the courts side by side, instead of infront of each other then the lag would be removed because you'd be getting a lot less people standing in the front view of the court if you are using 2k cam.

Either way 5v5 needs rep. You can't cheese on 5v5 this year because it's on Hall of Fame, so this fear that cheesers will come and ruin 5v5 if you add rep has no weight or credibility.

Last edited by aussieicon91; 01-12-2016 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 AM   #24
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

From a personal standpoint, I couldn't stand Rec. I'm happy it's not affiliated with ProAM. With that being said, I'm not against 2K creating a Rep based 5vs5 mode. I don't have to play it. I hated Rec for it's extremely long wait times and intermittent lag issues as well as chuckers and cheese.

I also have to say that with the creation of ProAM, I've met plenty of new friends. I have nothing to base the amount on since I didn't play Rec very much. I've gone from playing a few Rec games and mostly MyPark games to playing ProAM exclusively. The reason, quality basketball. Getting back to my point about friends/ community. I've met far more like minded intelligent basketball friends playing ProAM than I ever did playing Rec. With a Rep based system I felt users were only out to get theirs. With ProAM, I'm finding more users looking for wins and playing at both ends of the court.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »