Home

Layups getting stripped at all time rate

This is a discussion on Layups getting stripped at all time rate within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Layups getting stripped at all time rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am cool w/ the strips. A lot of times it's a shooting foul so it's not like it goes unpunished. Hopefully, it isn't changed much.

The only thing that irks me about it is big men stripping you as a guard sometimes or players w/ a low steal rating. But like Jeebs said, some hopsteps and definitely spin layups can avoid it. I've seen players do this against me and go right around me.
Not that i try those a lot but i haven't completed one so far. My guy always picks up the ball in the middle of the spin and kind of stumbles (holds on to the ball though). Could be that it's simply because my layup is only in the low-mid 70's or so. I hope that's it anyway, otherwise my 6'7 inside pg i'm working on will be a little less useful than i had in mind.

edit: I agree with some others to keep the strips but obviously success with it should be very dependent on steal vs hands/layup rating and/or whatever else has something to do with it.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 01-22-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm personally fine with how strips/steals are being depicted this year. You have to be smart and protective with the ball this year and I'm okay with that. If the lane is clogged pull it back out and look for a better shot.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #35
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Yes after the last patch 2K did make the CPU strips more effective. But honestly, I can go games without getting stripped. It usually happens when I am trying to go recklessly or while it's a crowd down there. Then I'll get stripped.

But if I see a lane and take it I do not get stripped. Especially if my defender is behind me or on my side and it's only about 1 other defender in the paint. When it's like 3-4 ppl down there, I will get stripped. Just don't like big men doing it so much.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 05:32 PM   #36
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I just was being stubborn because I refuse to believe Zaza Pachulia is gonna strip my SG with the athleticism of prime Vince Carter 3 straight times into a turnover.

Do I care if he blocks me? No.
Do I care if he contests and makes me miss? No.

But a big slow center rotating down like he's a guard to strip me is a little ludicrous to me.

I'm pretty good at using crosses, behind the backs, and hesitations to avoid most contact before I go up with a dunk or eurostep layup but certain situations the defense is outta position and just by pressing X to steal they slide right back in...that's what's annoying.

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-22-2016, 07:04 PM   #37
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Judging the two clips: it seems plausible to be stripped in those situations.

There are other situations however where I agree the strip does not fit the context for being successful.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #38
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

This has been driving me crazy the last few days on My Player.

As a PG, my number one goal, more than scoring or racking up assists, is to limit turnovers as much as possible. I want 3 or less, preferably 0 but that's nearly impossible in this game.

At least once a game, or maybe twice, I'm going to make an actual mistake, passing into traffic or something.

Then we've gotta account for the times when 2K makes some dumb **** happen, like a player will roll/warp off a screen to the WRONG side of the rim so that my pass out of the double goes into the hands of the weakside big man, rather than him going straight to the rim on the strong side of the court where there is NO defender. That's just one example. Stuff like that's gonna happen several times a game.

On top of all this, now I've gotta deal with getting stripped on half my layup attempts every game.

It's getting real damn hard to have less than 5 turnovers in a 12 minute quarter game lol. REAL damn hard.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:09 PM   #39
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I just was being stubborn because I refuse to believe Zaza Pachulia is gonna strip my SG with the athleticism of prime Vince Carter 3 straight times into a turnover.

Do I care if he blocks me? No.
Do I care if he contests and makes me miss? No.

But a big slow center rotating down like he's a guard to strip me is a little ludicrous to me.

I'm pretty good at using crosses, behind the backs, and hesitations to avoid most contact before I go up with a dunk or eurostep layup but certain situations the defense is outta position and just by pressing X to steal they slide right back in...that's what's annoying.
This. ^ Lebron would average 8 turnovers for his whole career if what 2k is representing is realistic. The top finishers in the league around the basket do not get stripped in traffic like this. Steph, Lebron, Westbrook and players of their quality get their shots up in heavy traffic way more than what 2k represents. Am I asking to make it at 70 percent? No, but at least let me get a shot up.

The layups at 1:25, 1:42, 2:01, and most definitely 3:00 would have been stripped in 2k

Last edited by Don Jon; 01-22-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:35 PM   #40
Rookie

In the playoffs playing on SS sim with 12 min quarters and havent played since Nov sometime.
First few games against the clippers i was getting stripped a lot, went back and started watching the replays and changed my layup from TP's to John wall.

Last two games no strips cuz of his carry animation, and always making sure to finish with my hand toward the defender. I know it seems counter-intuitive but I draw more fouls now.

5-9 inside pg so your mileage may vary

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »