Home

Offball needs to actually have a consequence

This is a discussion on Offball needs to actually have a consequence within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Offball needs to actually have a consequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Did you know that you can actually have fun in this game and you don't have to play like the children and the casuals that don't know any better do?

The more people that choose to play in such a way that is frankly just so irritating and annoying to its sim playerbase the more 2K's bottom line is going to be dependent on catering to these players.

I don't to hide in sim leagues and avoid matchmaking to avoid being matched up with children cheesers and off ballers. I want the game mechanics to impact you in such a way that your ability to win by doing those things is lost.

So yup. You don't lose anything by playing like a casual. Until all you get are casuals.

This. You can play how you want. Just don't try to say you're not being a scared child who's trying to win by taking advantage of a poor mechanic. If everyone played off ball why the fuxk would anyone want to play online?

And I've stopped that sprint iso strategy on ball. Not hard. Learn to move with your opponent diagonally. Just like real ball.

You're in a literal forum for this game dude. You're not some 7 year old who just got this game on ps+. Time to man up bezos....

Also dying about someone saying off ball takes more skill. Yeah that's why everyone does it on matchmaking hahahahaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Most people can't ever say this, and they blame the game for it.

I played ball man all my life and through high school and stil do just a lot slower and my knees need ice forever after.

But that's just how I grew up. Someone beats me and they outsmarted my defensive movement. I guessed the wrong way or they deceived me. Why shouldn't an online basketball simulation the same way. As fun as playing ****ing find the off baller on the Xbox is and as easy as it is I'd prefer someone to have a pair of testicles and play on ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Philbin; 06-10-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:09 PM   #74
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Offball needs to actually have a consequence

As you can see, the people who care a lot about this issue come completely unglued and lose their **** when it is suggested that playing off the ball is fine. There really isn't any reconciliation for the competing ideologies.

Playing in modes or games that don't allow any CPU players would seem like the best for them because the developers are never going force people to play on-ball. What's funny is that even if they did have some sort of penalty(which they won't) people would still play off the ball anyway, so the people complaining might win even more easily, but they still wouldn't get what they really want in terms of forcing User vs User guarding onto others.

It's funny because I only play on ball, because it's more fun to me, and the mechanics of playing off ball aren't that good, IMO, but to think that playing off the ball is some kind of crime against humanity is quite hilarious.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:18 PM   #75
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
shaq? im seeing the Twolves an the Kings...what am i missing?
Whoops my bad. Wrong thread lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 07:46 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Did you know that you can actually have fun in this game and you don't have to play like the children and the casuals that don't know any better do?

The more people that choose to play in such a way that is frankly just so irritating and annoying to its sim playerbase the more 2K's bottom line is going to be dependent on catering to these players.

I don't to hide in sim leagues and avoid matchmaking to avoid being matched up with children cheesers and off ballers. I want the game mechanics to impact you in such a way that your ability to win by doing those things is lost.

So yup. You don't lose anything by playing like a casual. Until all you get are casuals.
the amount of butt-hurt emitting from your soul is breath-taking lmao
Old 06-10-2016, 09:14 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
the amount of butt-hurt emitting from your soul is breath-taking lmao
The amount of love that you must not be getting and the lack of the ability to actual provide constructive debate to a conversation is severely lacking.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #78
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Guys, the tone of this thread needs to change - now. It's not optional.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:46 PM   #79
Banned

So you think if a majority of people who play single game online are using off ball and it's usually the same ones sprinting straight with Westbrook aren't doing it because it's easier than on ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
If 2K would just stop making every CPU defender prime Tony Allen, then off-ball wouldn't be that much of an issue.

If it was easier to blow by the CPU then most of these off-ball bums wouldn't be hiding themselves in the corner with their SF like a coward lmao.

It's ironic though, the CPU has the defensive instincts of prime Scottie Pippen when it comes to defending you on-ball but when it comes to defending a fastbreak, proper rotations off the pick and roll, stealing passes, not biting for every pump fake, or picking up the nearest defender after a failed fastbreak the CPU is as clueless as can be.
Agree with this. Hope these issues are fixed in 2K17

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »