Home

Sim Stats *myleague*

This is a discussion on Sim Stats *myleague* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2015, 05:52 AM   #1
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0
Sim Stats *myleague*

Hopefully this hasn't been answered yet but I'm having a small issue with sim stats in myleague. Almost every team in myleague is averaging 50+ rebounds when irl its only about 30-37 for defensive and 9-10 for offensive on average. I'm seeing sim stats where teams are pulling down 19-20 offensive boards; which could happen, but no team is going to average that. I just want to know if there's a way for me to fix that or would I need to address it in hopes for a patch? Is anyone else seeing this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 05:58 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Sim Stats *myleague*

You could try using some custom sliders, that you can download. I'm not sure though if sliders actually count for sim matches or only for playing/simcast. You could also try to reduce the quarter length to 11 minutes.

Rebounds seem fine for me when I sim games. What teams are you talking about? Are there any players that get a lot more rebounds then they should?
Old 12-08-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
You could try using some custom sliders, that you can download. I'm not sure though if sliders actually count for sim matches or only for playing/simcast. You could also try to reduce the quarter length to 11 minutes.

Rebounds seem fine for me when I sim games. What teams are you talking about? Are there any players that get a lot more rebounds then they should?
Simmed games uses the sim engine. Sim Cast Live uses game play sliders. I'd imagine using Sim Cast Live for every game would take a very long time and wouldn't be something that someone would want to do.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 12-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Sim stats over the years with NBA2k have been subpar unfortunately, and while it has improved the past 2 or 3 years from where it was as atleast they aren't glitched now like in 11 thru 13. Teams have always averaged a few more total rebounds over the years with the game, so I don't know if there is a fix by roster editing or not, as I haven't seen it anyway. As far as to many off reb. I cant really comment on this year as I have started a My league just yet as Im waiting till hopefully a another patch comes out. Hate hearing that teams are now averaging to many off rebounds in sim stats, as if I remember correctly they were solid last year in the game.

Curious are teams shooting a worse fg% than they should be compared to real life? If so that could possibly be leading to a over amount of team reb totals. Plus also are turnover to low compared to real life, as this has also been a issue with NBA2k over the years as teams don't everage quite enough turnovers per game, which could also play into more total rebound numbers.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-08-2015, 04:50 PM   #5
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Curious are teams shooting a worse fg% than they should be compared to real life? If so that could possibly be leading to a over amount of team reb totals. Plus also are turnover to low compared to real life, as this has also been a issue with NBA2k over the years as teams don't everage quite enough turnovers per game, which could also play into more total rebound numbers.
Rebound totals are off because the sim engine doesn't account for shots going out of bounds. Every missed shot = 1 rebound which is why they're so high all the time.

I ran a test here that shows that even with accurate FG%, PPG, FTA, and Turnovers, rebounds will still be too high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Rebound totals are off because the sim engine doesn't account for shots going out of bounds. Every missed shot = 1 rebound which is why they're so high all the time.

I ran a test here that shows that even with accurate FG%, PPG, FTA, and Turnovers, rebounds will still be too high.

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing, and running the test that you did. Wish the devs would spend some time tweaking these sim stats, as they for the most part they are improved from what they use to be, as back in NBA2k11 thru NBA2k13 they were absolutely awful.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #7
Pro

d23x's Arena

What's frustrating is they were for the most part perfect last year. All my other stats are pretty on par with league averages it's just the rebounding.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Im also seeing too few points in the paint across the board. Im only seeing 20-30 per simmed game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »