Home

The AWKWARD MOMENT blocks are so easy Kemba tries to come for you....

This is a discussion on The AWKWARD MOMENT blocks are so easy Kemba tries to come for you.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #25
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The AWKWARD MOMENT blocks are so easy Kemba tries to come for you....

sure, but only if the blocks/miss/fouls ratio is done right to illustrate the low percentage and risk involved.

I'm fine if Harden gets that block say 2 times in 20 instances and long as he whiffs 4 times and is called for a foul the other 14--go for it. Let's not forget this is how most chase-down blocks end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3dQh92x4k

guys like the people you mentioned have a way to defend that's in their wheelhouse. They can stay in front of their man, barring that they can try a steal attempt or challenge the shot with right stick. At a basic level we have to adhere to player limitations...if not? might as well let Shaq go 80% from the line and have Howard hit 3s.

Last edited by Kushmir; 03-07-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
sure, but only if the blocks/miss/fouls ratio is done right to illustrate the low percentage and risk involved.

I'm fine if Harden gets that block say 2 times in 20 instances and long as he whiffs 4 times and is called for a foul the other 14--go for it. Let's not forget this is how most chase-down blocks end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3dQh92x4k

guys like the people you mentioned have a way to defend that's in their wheelhouse. They can stay in front of their man, barring that they can try a steal attempt or challenge the shot with right stick. At a basic level we have to adhere to player limitations...if not? might as well let Shaq go 80% from the line and have Howard hit 3s.
Bolded part should not even be discussed because it should ALWAYS be a part of how 2K does stuff.

I agree with what you said.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #27
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

yeah I think the organic nature of their "what will happen" /multiple outcomes is a GEM. It's what makes 2K obliterate Madden's gameplay (which is better than its ever been) I hate absolutes so any "Harden can never get a chase-down" system i'd never support. It's more "does he get them enough for me to risk the attempt?"

RE: chase-downs, It just feels like 2K did the Madden "Trigger the Beckham catch animation 3 times per game" thing lol.

Last edited by Kushmir; 03-07-2016 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Ummmm....if you think Jose Calderon has those type of skills this probably isn't the thread for you lol. If you're in the "If I line up the FT bar perfectly I shouldn't miss any free throws...so what if its Dwight Howard!" contingent? Madden is thattaway *points*
Jose has actually blocked people on drives in real life this season.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear me now
Jose has actually blocked people on drives in real life this season.
So what Nate Robinson blocked Yao Ming & Shaq but i don't expect him to turn into Mutombo in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 03-08-2016, 07:33 AM   #30
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
So what Nate Robinson blocked Yao Ming & Shaq but i don't expect him to turn into Mutombo in the game.
THIS. also "video or it didnt happen." hear me now, keep in mind my issue is a horrible blocks to fouls ratio. I'm fine with that block if say, 20 instances result in 1 block, 3 misses and 16 fouls. Properly display the chances/risk/reward of him making that play is what i'm sayin.....
Old 03-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #31
Pro

Block attempts like this should be an automatic foul. They shouldn't be doing it. Same thing for bigs like Brook Lopez they shouldn't shoot 3s. Next year if a dumb founded player attempts a chase down with Kyle Korver, it should be a foul, some sort of penalty where the user shouldn't dare to try it, like someone trying to shoot a 3 with Ian Mahimi, Roy Hibbert etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 08:00 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
THIS. also "video or it didnt happen." hear me now, keep in mind my issue is a horrible blocks to fouls ratio. I'm fine with that block if say, 20 instances result in 1 block, 3 misses and 16 fouls. Properly display the chances/risk/reward of him making that play is what i'm sayin.....
Just check his block stats. It's not 0, so it has happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »