Home

Full court passing and turbo spamming killed this year's game.

This is a discussion on Full court passing and turbo spamming killed this year's game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2016, 05:19 PM   #17
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Full court passing and turbo spamming killed this year's game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
They need to bring back charging and stop the bailout blocking fouls. When I get there in time to get the charge I end up pushing the ball handler. When I try to stand my ground or stay in front of a guy who is abusing turbo, I fall to the ground and get blocking fouls.
The 2k team needs to revisit NBA 2K7 and see how fluid taking a charge was lol. Nah, but make the animation gather a little quicker and that should ease the pain against the turbo heavy users
Old 03-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #18
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I cant believe after all this time 2K has done nothing to greatly decrease the success rate of full court passes that reward people for turboing up the court and doing nothing else all game. It's ruined basically every game mode in 2K16 as people have figured out there is practically no disincentive do do it over and over again.

Assuming they aren't going to do anything to fix gameplay any more until next year's game, improvements I'd like to see in 2K17 are:

- Removal of break starter badge: this single badge pretty much killed all 5on5 game modes; it's hilarious how they are trying to market the game as an eSport yet you watch the top teams and they just abuse the fast break

- Turbo should have a cooldown: you shouldn't be able to use turbo continuously, it should be something you have to time strategically, or at least make it as your stamina goes down your stats are GREATLY reduced to punish abusers

- Game speed as a whole really needs to be slowed down if they don't know how to properly code transition defense

- Remove unbreakable post-scoring celebration animations

Just these few fixes would make gameplay much, much more bearable and skillful

Thoughts?
Just curious, did people complain about the Breakstarter badge this much for last years game? I had it last year as well and it works exactly the same as it did then. Super accurate full court passes in rec center games. Are people just starting to notice this year? I do agree that the badge should either be removed or toned down quite a bit cause the badge is OP. You got these guards out here talking trash averaging 30+ points a game just cause they can run down the court faster than their opponent for the full court pass to dunk/3pt shot.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #19
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
Just curious, did people complain about the Breakstarter badge this much for last years game? I had it last year as well and it works exactly the same as it did then. Super accurate full court passes in rec center games. Are people just starting to notice this year? I do agree that the badge should either be removed or toned down quite a bit cause the badge is OP. You got these guards out here talking trash averaging 30+ points a game just cause they can run down the court faster than their opponent for the full court pass to dunk/3pt shot.
I think it got noticed because they toned 3s down. This year and last I was off to the races as soon as I was able to read the rebound.

Badges need to be re evaluated. Everything from limitless range to deadeye, to even Lob City finisher (Max Dunk, lob city finsher, posterizer, relentless finisher....and I can't put down a basic 2 hand oop if my defender even glances my way?)

Some things need a nerf (Looking at you, dead eye), Some things a buff, and some need to be just tuned different.

Or go back to being able to buy badges if your attributes line up, but only able to equip 7 like next gen 14

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 03-20-2016, 10:17 PM   #20
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
I think it got noticed because they toned 3s down. This year and last I was off to the races as soon as I was able to read the rebound.

Badges need to be re evaluated. Everything from limitless range to deadeye, to even Lob City finisher (Max Dunk, lob city finsher, posterizer, relentless finisher....and I can't put down a basic 2 hand oop if my defender even glances my way?)

Some things need a nerf (Looking at you, dead eye), Some things a buff, and some need to be just tuned different.

Or go back to being able to buy badges if your attributes line up, but only able to equip 7 like next gen 14
I like the idea of being able to specialize in just a few areas. I agree, It should let you pick a small number of badges based around the things you chose to excel at.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:20 PM   #21
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
I like the idea of being able to specialize in just a few areas. I agree, It should let you pick a small number of badges based around the things you chose to excel at.
You, I, and a lot of community members agree with this idea. It's why I have been working on playstyles since like November. Check out this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html

I've been working extremely hard balancing all these playstyles. I finished SF playstyles and C playstyles (still tweaking them as I go). Right now I am currently working on PG playstyles. I am looking to get feedback and constructive criticism from more community members to see if we're on the same page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 12:56 AM   #22
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
You, I, and a lot of community members agree with this idea. It's why I have been working on playstyles since like November. Check out this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html

I've been working extremely hard balancing all these playstyles. I finished SF playstyles and C playstyles (still tweaking them as I go). Right now I am currently working on PG playstyles. I am looking to get feedback and constructive criticism from more community members to see if we're on the same page.
It's the same reason people look at my attributes and always tell me I "screwed up". No. My character is based on my playstyle, not the cheesiest way to score. I lose in some categories, but make up for it in others.

It's always "Why did you work on rebounding? You're Stupid..."....until I come flying out of nowhere for a putback over the whole team.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 03-21-2016, 05:51 AM   #23
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
It's the same reason people look at my attributes and always tell me I "screwed up". No. My character is based on my playstyle, not the cheesiest way to score. I lose in some categories, but make up for it in others.

It's always "Why did you work on rebounding? You're Stupid..."....until I come flying out of nowhere for a putback over the whole team.
Those people that tell you that screwed up are most likely the same ones that follow the 2k youtubers (or the youtubers themselves) that tell everyone to dump your blocks on everything but rebounding category.

While I have no problem with uploaders and streamers giving concrete advice and tips, the above paragraph, the bucket system, the "inside", "outside", "balanced" offensively geared playstyles are the reasons why I can't deal with everyone being the same player, but different height.

Clearly 2k is trying to appease to the audience who don't take the time to learn the game first and just pick up, play, and stick to their "rookie casual" habits online against experienced users. These are usually the younger kids, cheesers, and exploiters that belong in this category.

You know the ones that think they mastered the game when they dribble out the shot clock for that ankle breaker, the ones that do the kobe or eric bledsoe escape to jamal crawford about 3 times before crossing over, driving towards baseline, stepback corner 3 cheese method jumpshot, or the ones that get 10+ assists in proam or PNO throwing 100% accurate full court passes after a make or miss for an easy lay up, dunk, or 3 pointer.....you get the point.

All of this can be remedied and toned down if 2k can pull the plug on the bucket system, re-introduce playstyles like we've had in the past but more balanced and unique (alas what I am trying to accomplish), and this time cut the cheese for real lol. Who's with me?
Old 03-21-2016, 07:07 AM   #24
Pro

If only we can use sliders online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »