Home

Pick & Fade tendencies

This is a discussion on Pick & Fade tendencies within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Pick & Fade tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
He wasn't lead passing as they were both running away form each other, and he didn't icon pass.
Do you know that you don't have to have the icons up to lead pass? It won't be as strong. But you can lead the pass catcher into an area. Especially if they are moving.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:41 AM   #10
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
You might try lead-passing with the icons. You might be able to influence where they go once you throw the pass. Before the pass though, I'm not really sure what all influences their movement (outside of the roll/fade options).
Not sure what you mean by "before the pass". After the screen is set i want the Fade Man to fade, so (before the pass) he should stay where he is or slightly fall back.

i thought about lead passing but it doesnt work with P&F unless im doing it wrong. When calling for the fade man he positions in relation to the ball handler not where you lead him.

Has no1 ever experienced this? I get these animations a lot.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 04-20-2016 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #11
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

I've never experience this before without lead passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
Not sure what you mean by "before the pass". After the screen is set i want the Fade Man to fade, so (before the pass) he should stay where he is or slightly fall back.

i thought about lead passing but it doesnt work with P&F unless im doing it wrong. When calling for the fade man he positions in relation to the ball handler not where you lead him.

Has no1 ever experienced this? I get these animations a lot.
What I mean is that the lead passing feature will influence where they move once you throw the pass. But before that, the roll/fade options are the only way of telling them what to do. If you tell them to fade, and they instead cut to the corner, there's nothing you can do about that.

I haven't noticed this problem that much, but I also don't run very much on-ball pick-and-roll/fade. However, when I do run pick-and-fade it is usually with Serge Ibaka and I can't remember really having this problem with him. You might look up his tendencies and see if there is something in his tendency ratings that might explain this.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #13
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
What I mean is that the lead passing feature will influence where they move once you throw the pass. But before that, the roll/fade options are the only way of telling them what to do. If you tell them to fade, and they instead cut to the corner, there's nothing you can do about that.

I haven't noticed this problem that much, but I also don't run very much on-ball pick-and-roll/fade. However, when I do run pick-and-fade it is usually with Serge Ibaka and I can't remember really having this problem with him. You might look up his tendencies and see if there is something in his tendency ratings that might explain this.

The only tendency I can think of is Roll vs Fade. Most players have it at 50.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #14
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
The only tendency I can think of is Roll vs Fade. Most players have it at 50.
I completely forgot there's a roll/fade tendency. You'd think that would be for the CPU though. If you're calling for the pick yourself, and telling the CPU whether to roll/fade, you'd think that would override any of the player's tendencies.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #15
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
I completely forgot there's a roll/fade tendency. You'd think that would be for the CPU though. If you're calling for the pick yourself, and telling the CPU whether to roll/fade, you'd think that would override any of the player's tendencies.
Exactly..... But I still think it's user error here. Because the only time I've ever had problem with the pick and roll/fade. Is when I lead pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 08:47 PM   #16
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Wow... I don't have that problem. And it looks really bad. Maybe your lead passing them into that direction. Which could explain why. Looks like your just pressing x.
He wasn't using the icon passing though. In the 2nd clip he posted, Davis is running to the corner on his own. Well before the pass animation ever begins. I don't think lead passing is the problem. I haven't really noticed this problem though, so I'm not sure why Davis is doing this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »