Home

5'7" outside point guards

This is a discussion on 5'7" outside point guards within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 5'7" outside point guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yes, and Spud Webb wasn't a 94-rated outside shooter in addition to being a slam dunk champion.

The issue in 2K16 isn't that 5'7" guards can throw down huge dunks over 7 footers, it's that they can make those dunks on top of being the best outside shooters in the game.

That's a balance issue.

If you want to be a great outside shooter in 2K16, you should have to sacrifice other areas of your offense besides height.

Right now, height is the only offensive disadvantage to being 5'7". Because you'll still have 80 layup and 70 dunk with 93 vertical, plus access to tons of good dunk packages and the gold posterizer badge.

It's also way too easy to block shots at 5'7", but that's another issue entirely. It's laughable that you can get the gold eraser badge on a player that short.
This video pretty much sums up why i didn't played park on 15, don't play it on 16 and probably won't play it on 17 (highly doubt that park will become more sim) plus throw in 7'0'' Kevin Love's that dribble like Rafer Alston and block like Mutombo while throwing it down like Kemp/Nance and you got yourself 90 % of myplayers out there. Yuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
This video pretty much sums up why i didn't played park on 15, don't play it on 16 and probably won't play it on 17 (highly doubt that park will become more sim) plus throw in 7'0'' Kevin Love's that dribble like Rafer Alston and block like Mutombo while throwing it down like Kemp/Nance and you got yourself 90 % of myplayers out there. Yuck
The badges, ratings, and animations that you're allowed to use on your MyPlayer definitely need to be more restrictive next year in the competitive online modes.

Offline, I think 2K should stick with their current MyPlayer system and let people use as many badges and animations as they want to use. If little Johnny wants to make a 99 overall 60-badge demigod that can dribble like a little man and finish like a big man, I say go ahead and let him cheese the CPU all day.

But online, 2K17 needs to have a more restrictive system to keep the MyPlayer gameplay competitively balanced.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Wow that's nuts you can get a gold posterizer and eraser at that height....had no idea...
Old 05-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Wow that's nuts you can get a gold posterizer and eraser at that height....had no idea...
You can also get offensive and defensive crasher if you want.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #29
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
You can also get offensive and defensive crasher if you want.
Lol very silly how my PG has offensive crasher, brick wall, eraser, all post move badges, bruiser, and defensive anchor.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #30
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
Lol very silly how my PG has offensive crasher, brick wall, eraser, all post move badges, bruiser, and defensive anchor.
Seriously?
Don't get the thought process behind that at all....pretty silly...
Old 05-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #31
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

I normally run a 6'4" PG and I have like 65 badges. I made a 5'7" PG and got just about every badge I think I'm at 63 and the dude is WORTHLESS compared to my 6'4" guys. I set them up exactly the same. There's something they do with the left stick dribbling to limit speed, but he's trash
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 09:58 PM   #32
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBillups36
I normally run a 6'4" PG and I have like 65 badges. I made a 5'7" PG and got just about every badge I think I'm at 63 and the dude is WORTHLESS compared to my 6'4" guys. I set them up exactly the same. There's something they do with the left stick dribbling to limit speed, but he's trash
Crazy man. I am only missing 2 badges and they're heart & soul and mentor cuz MyCareer is too boring for me after 1st full year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »