Home

Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ?

This is a discussion on Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: This is SIM or Cheese ?
Cheese Online + Offline 16 61.54%
Sim Online + Offline 5 19.23%
Cheese Offline, Sim Online 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #9
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ?

I see why you call it the Katana set lol

I wasn't offended by the gameplay... seems like a legit scheme and an efficient one at that.. the user simply couldn't keep up and you have a mix of options which keeps the defense honest on all fronts.

Just based on your variation of looks from same sets is legit.. I'm also a Madden gamer longer than 2k and that's always been practiced and preached in Madden: give different looks from the same formation

I like how you use the player lock function within your scheme but you're on and off with it choosing to use it sparingly which again tells me you're knowledgeable and it's the players that know that I respect as being tough...

I didn't get the impression you were doing idle random turbo and slashes.. it was all methodically planned out within read and react actions

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #10
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ?

It's not cheese because you are implementing actual basketball strategies. I just think you are taking advantage of really bad game mechanics in concerns to off ball play. Off ball play is a glaring issue this year for a number of reasons.
  • Poor collisions which allow offensive players a free path to the basket
  • Bad pass/steal mechanics which make passes to cutters in traffic, a difficult play to make, easy and routine
  • Foot planting for defenders was poorly implemented which makes changing directions on defense slow and clunky.
I'm not going to admonish you Sam because you're playing basketball, which is a joy to see. It's more of a finger wag to 2k for overlooking such an integral part of the game.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #11
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
It's not cheese because you are implementing actual basketball strategies. I just think you are taking advantage of really bad game mechanics in concerns to off ball play. Off ball play is a glaring issue this year for a number of reasons.
  • Poor collisions which allow offensive players a free path to the basket
  • Bad pass/steal mechanics which make passes to cutters in traffic, a difficult play to make, easy and routine
  • Foot planting for defenders was poorly implemented which makes changing directions on defense slow and clunky.
I'm not going to admonish you Sam because you're playing basketball, which is a joy to see. It's more of a finger wag to 2k for overlooking such an integral part of the game.
great post. The fact that the cutter passes are on point no matter the passer is also disgusting. They should treat all in traffic passes like they do alley oops or at least allow us to deflect passes by holding the right stick.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

No, it can't be "stopped", but that's okay. No team can be "stopped" or they would never score.

It's basketball, you're supposed to score. The object is just to have a higher score at the end than your opponent.

Like someone else said in this thread, it's a legit scheme, and an efficient one at that.

But I don't understand why Sam Pham treats this with such reverence. It doesn't seem particularly more efficient than any of the other stuff he teaches. (shrug) I don't know - he's really good at all of the different schemes on his page, he's a very skilled player.

Add to that the he shows the Cavs using it... well, of course it's going to be very effective.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:46 PM   #13
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
No, it can't be "stopped", but that's okay. No team can be "stopped" or they would never score.

It's basketball, you're supposed to score. The object is just to have a higher score at the end than your opponent.

Like someone else said in this thread, it's a legit scheme, and an efficient one at that.

But I don't understand why Sam Pham treats this with such reverence. It doesn't seem particularly more efficient than any of the other stuff he teaches. (shrug) I don't know - he's really good at all of the different schemes on his page, he's a very skilled player.

Add to that the he shows the Cavs using it... well, of course it's going to be very effective.
I treat it as so probably because I am a huge baksetball nerd LOL
Old 05-12-2016, 01:21 PM   #14
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w

Totally agree!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:49 PM   #15
Banned

Orlandosimgamer35's Arena

Why would anyone call this cheese?! If I couldnt stop him would I be frustrated? yes, but I wouldnt blame the game for not being able to stop X's & O's. The real issue is why cant the cpu stop it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 12:11 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandosimgamer35
The real issue is why cant the cpu stop it? [/size]
Because the CPU can't handle the turbo button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »