Home

5 Things I'd like to see in 2k17 Walk-on Pro-Am (REC Mode)

This is a discussion on 5 Things I'd like to see in 2k17 Walk-on Pro-Am (REC Mode) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 5 Things I'd like to see in 2k17 Walk-on Pro-Am (REC Mode)

Good ideas all around and this mode can be a whole lotta fun if they put some effort into it.

2 Things to addd...

1. Fix the damn STATS or don't bother releasing broken ones and not attempting to fix it.

2. Limit 1 or 2 time out calls per player. I'm sick and tired of babies calling all time outs in a row because they didn't like something.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Did you play the NBA Live 16 demo? They had much nicer looking courts for pro-am games...

And I definitely like your ideas for better matchmaking based on rep, and ability to choose your position.

A lot these things are already in the game, but in different modes. You can basically choose your position in Allstar Team-up, I don't get why you can't do it in any other mode.
Yeah, i actually bought live when it was on sale for 20 or so. The courts do look nice but unfortunately the gameplay is awful (i gave it more than a fair shot) and if someone thinks the ballhogs on 2k or bad, it's nothing compared to some (a lot actually) of the people on live.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:09 AM   #11
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

Matchmaking is great for servers that are full.... Here in Australia we really need a rec centre, so you can literally see if there are people looking for a game.
You can sit there for 20mins waiting for a game before giving up..... would be nice to know if there are other games playing, people looking for games etc.

Someone from 2K needs to check the stats on how many rec centre games got played on the Aus servers last year compared to Pro-am games this year..... They will find a huge drop off..... all due to forcing matchmaking onto servers that are rarely full.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I
5 Easy things they could fix right now:
- Ability to play with 6 players and 4 computers if 10 don't join (exactly like Allstar team-up)
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

NO...

NO.

Do not promote computers in this game.

Play with or against computers is NOT FUN in the slightest. You want to play with computers in your private game? That's fine.

Please don't bring your computers into my matchmaking.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiltzenberger
Matchmaking is great for servers that are full.... Here in Australia we really need a rec centre, so you can literally see if there are people looking for a game.
You can sit there for 20mins waiting for a game before giving up..... would be nice to know if there are other games playing, people looking for games etc.

Someone from 2K needs to check the stats on how many rec centre games got played on the Aus servers last year compared to Pro-am games this year..... They will find a huge drop off..... all due to forcing matchmaking onto servers that are rarely full.
It sucks they separated different continents/countries a couple years ago. I personally didn't experience more lag before they started doing that. Maybe they could give the option to play against people from other timezones. "Search for game: worldwide or EU/US/africa/(whatever applies)". If you select worldwide, make you undergo a quick download/upload/(ping? I honestly don't know) test before starting to see if your connection is good enough. I'm no software engineer but i'm guessing that would be possible?
Old 05-18-2016, 03:50 PM   #14
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiltzenberger

If it makes you feel better, I sometimes have to wait 20min too and I am in California.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #15
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

NO...

NO.

Do not promote computers in this game.

Play with or against computers is NOT FUN in the slightest. You want to play with computers in your private game? That's fine.

Please don't bring your computers into my matchmaking.
Lol I hear you, computer does suck... but it seems hard to get (and keep) 10 players to start a game.

I like how Rocket League does it, which is to choose 2v2, 3v3, etc. could let people decide if they want to play full 10 or not

More options is never bad. Pro Am Team currently only requires 6 btw... it fills the rest in with computers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #16
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

I wish there was a way to search for teams that have 5 players in pro am. Being at the 4, I always get stuck guarding a computer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »