Home

NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competition

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competition within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #41
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competiti

I just watched the last 3 in-game minutes of the most recent game (I think GL and TW). I never been more bored in my life. It was the worst basketball in 2K I ever watched. And I'm not just talking about the game itself, I'm talking about the atmosphere. It's dry, bland, it's so empty. No commentary, no bench, barely an audience reaction. Just the sounds of whistles and basketball bouncing. Plus, you can't even change the camera even a little bit. The camera is okay (not being nit picky) but I wished to at least be able to watch from different angles. This is awful man, from the tournament concept of it to the qualifications down to the final product of what we're seeing today. The only positive I can think of is the 2K StreamCast feature itself being so crisp with the streaming and quality.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #42
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competiti

The skill level in this game is an absolute joke. You can clearly see that these teams got to where they're at by abusing Break Starter against bum teams.. White team stays in 3-2 zone constantly even though there has been a guy wide open in the corner for the entire game holding his sack, but the PG is so bad that the corner man never gets the ball.. It's like I'm watching a parody of a basketball game.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #43
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

It's so bad, I can't believe they are giving away money for this.

The only nice thing I've seen so far is The Bad Boyz logo, looks pretty cool. Everything else has been beyond terrible.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 05-21-2016, 06:06 PM   #44
Pro

Who could ever imagine that cheesing & awful basketball could earn you actual money ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 05-21-2016, 06:16 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 9

2K StreamCast is something MyLeague Online must have!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #46
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

The fact that they're trying to make this into an E-Sport makes my head explode.. Other games that are E-Sports like League of Legends, DOTA 2, CSGO, COD, Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat.. You earn money by being the best at them. Scouting the other player, learning matchups, being the most skilled player.. Everything I've seen of 2K's "best" players, it's all a certain build meta, find the cheesiest moves that you can find, be better at exploiting said cheese moves than your opponent.. Totally the same thing as the high skill cap ESports games.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:43 PM   #47
Pro

Vroman's Arena

What a finish in one of semifinal game. One team got completely screwed by a nonsensical protected shot animation on the last second wide open shot .

Pretty great commentary by da_czar. Watching those guys on twitch.tv was annoying as hell.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
What a finish in one of semifinal game. One team got completely screwed by a nonsensical protected shot animation on the last second wide open shot .

Pretty great commentary by da_czar. Watching those guys on twitch.tv was annoying as hell.
That was a pretty epic ending.

The Road to the Finals StreamCast through NBA 2K16 needs announcers. I find it entertaining nonetheless, but it might just be because I enjoy Pro-Am.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »