Home

My Last Time Complaining.....Maybe

This is a discussion on My Last Time Complaining.....Maybe within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 08:40 PM   #9
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My Last Time Complaining.....Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It's not a monopoly. Anyone can make an NBA game if they choose. You and your friends can get together and make an NBA game right now, if you want. Also, it's not 2ks fault nobody else can make an NBA game as good as they can.

We might as well lock this. It's just going to turn into another dev bashing and complaint thread and we have enough of those already. I suggest all of you just stop buying the game and pretend it doesn't exist. It'll relieve you of so much undue stress and angst.
Not anyone can make an NBA game, you have to pay for the rights. Anyone can make a basketball game, but not an NBA game.

I was lucky enough to grow up before 2k, when NBA Live was king... it was a great game for the time and it sucks that it turned into such crap. But it's proof that other people can make good NBA games.

Also, it's not really dev bashing. Nobody is getting personal or insulting people... there are sites like http://www.consumerreports.org for a reason. We paid for a game.

I bought the game for pro-am walk-on, which didn't work at all for like 2-3 months. I like complaining on this board, helps me vent lol
Old 05-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #10
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
It's not a monopoly. Anyone can make an NBA game if they choose. You and your friends can get together and make an NBA game right now, if you want. Also, it's not 2ks fault nobody else can make an NBA game as good as they can.

We might as well lock this. It's just going to turn into another dev bashing and complaint thread and we have enough of those already. I suggest all of you just stop buying the game and pretend it doesn't exist. It'll relieve you of so much undue stress and angst.
I appreciate you.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 05-20-2016, 12:42 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:

If we didn't buy the game how would we know if its bad or not? Everyone on this side of the forum loves 2K, some people like to dev bash, i'm not doing that. I just want to see the game be the best that it can be. There's A LOT of good things about 2K this year. I've talked about before.

There's also A LOT of bad things, not all of them will be fixed. This is a thread to vent problems i had with 2K this year. Not bash developers. Also, not anyone can make an NBA game. EA and 2K can, me and my friends don't got money to buy rights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 01:25 AM   #12
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't think enough people realize how difficult making a game is. I've seen someone try to get into game design and spend an entire month trying to get a characters' hair right. Then when you factor in work that goes into setting up the game so that tens of thousands of people can play the game together at the same time I think we are pretty darn lucky to get what we get from this series year in and year out.

I can understand being frustrated about game issues, but calling this a bad/incomplete/half-assed game is just disrespectful imo. It's crazy how entitled people become when they get used to something.

If you would've told me 5 years ago that a basketball game would have:

Quick Game

Play Now Online(with current AND historic teams)

Blacktop(1v1-5v5)

All-Star Team Up

MyGm

MyLeague(online & off)

MyCareer

MyPark with 3 seperate factions

Pro-Am

Walk on Pro-Am

MyTeam

Domination(and other offline challenges that update regularly)

Gauntlet

Was able to be patched and updated multiple times a year

Weekly Shows

And an in-game tournament(That you didn't have to pay to enter) for $250,000 and a trip to the NBA finals

I would've looked at you like you were clinically insane.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:44 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
I don't think enough people realize how difficult making a game is. I've seen someone try to get into game design and spend an entire month trying to get a characters' hair right. Then when you factor in work that goes into setting up the game so that tens of thousands of people can play the game together at the same time I think we are pretty darn lucky to get what we get from this series year in and year out.

I can understand being frustrated about game issues, but calling this a bad/incomplete/half-assed game is just disrespectful imo. It's crazy how entitled people become when they get used to something.

If you would've told me 5 years ago that a basketball game would have:

Quick Game

Play Now Online(with current AND historic teams)

Blacktop(1v1-5v5)

All-Star Team Up

MyGm

MyLeague(online & off)

MyCareer

MyPark with 3 seperate factions

Pro-Am

Walk on Pro-Am

MyTeam

Domination(and other offline challenges that update regularly)

Gauntlet

Was able to be patched and updated multiple times a year

Weekly Shows

And an in-game tournament(That you didn't have to pay to enter) for $250,000 and a trip to the NBA finals

I would've looked at you like you were clinically insane.
Really? A lot of that stuff was in 2k11 (MyPlayer/quick game/teamup etc.), Crew was that version of ProAM and Association MyGM...2k definitely has a lot of modes but let's not pretend like they've revolutionised everything in 5 years. Not only that, but I'd argue some of those modes went backwards (*cough*MyPlayer*cough*)
Old 05-20-2016, 06:57 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Really? A lot of that stuff was in 2k11 (MyPlayer/quick game/teamup etc.), Crew was that version of ProAM and Association MyGM...2k definitely has a lot of modes but let's not pretend like they've revolutionised everything in 5 years. Not only that, but I'd argue some of those modes went backwards (*cough*MyPlayer*cough*)
And you could play blacktop online (Gauntlet is like its crippled son). I just want to pick a nba player and do silly things with my friends in a street court, how hard is that
Old 05-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Purchasing rights and developing a game costs money...thought that was understood, lol

but those rights aren't exclusive to any one company like say, the NFL's

So yes, any one with the funding (and permissions) can make a NBA licensed game.

You cant 'kind of' have a monopoly- it has a clear cut definition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #16
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Lol people still use the monopoly argument? Got to know the meaning first if you use the word monopoly....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »