Home

2k15 or 2k16 Dribbling? Which do you prefer?

This is a discussion on 2k15 or 2k16 Dribbling? Which do you prefer? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k15 or 2k16 Dribbling? Which do you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
So long as 2k keep the size up dribbles and ability to equip four of them, I'm all good.

15's dribbling felt smoother to me.
I agree with this. Their was a fluidity to 2k15s dribbling, it felt more responsive however I do enjoy the variety of animations 2k16 has to offer especially in size ups.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #18
Rookie

theman824's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
As of right now, 2k15's dribbling. They absolutely destroyed this year's dribbling with the latest patch.

How did they destroy dribbling?
They removed that ridiculous speed-boost-nonsense that should never have been in the game. Right move to me.

I really can't recall 15's dribbling mechanics. But in 16 the unresponsiveness is just too much. Especially online.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Way I see it - you take them away that'd be going back to square one where effectively everyone has the same dribble moves. There would be no differential between players.

There are over a hundred sig size ups to choose from which really gives the feel of individuality for me, instead of seeing everyone doing the same between the legs cross, over and over again.

I wish they'd expand the layup packages and even things like stationary size ups, protect the ball animations etc so more players feel unique instead of cut and paste.

Prime example, MJ in 2k11 with his one handed pump fake, that was a thing of beauty - hope to see it return, along with many other signature animations.
Different players have different crossovers, spins, etc.

I'm sure the automated variety is cool. It's just not for me. I want to be more involved. Creating my own size ups / combinations is more fun than flicking once and watching a series of moves.

I'm OK with them in the game. I just don't like that the manual moves are less effective.

And I'm all for more signature moves.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #20
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Different players have different crossovers, spins, etc.

I'm sure the automated variety is cool. It's just not for me. I want to be more involved. Creating my own size ups / combinations is more fun than flicking once and watching a series of moves.

I'm OK with them in the game. I just don't like that the manual moves are less effective.

And I'm all for more signature moves.
I know what you're saying about being more in control, and I agree, but when the game only had a selection of around 7 - 9 different dribbles I believe, things got pretty stale seeing Tim Hardaway have the same cross as Kobe Bryant etc.

I love the variety of different size ups there are now, and the fact they're mapped to four different inputs giving us a wide selection is great.

I'd personally be bummed if they took them out unless say flicking the stick from left to right with Kyrie looked different to doing it with Curry. You'd have more control and a clear difference in style.

Knowing 2k, there's probably something different yet again with dribbling this year. They never seem to stick with the same control schemes.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Going back and playing 2K14, it blows both of these out of the water really...2k needs to get back to their original vision for stick dribbling....feels great...only thing it was missing was individuality between players...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #22
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Going back and playing 2K14, it blows both of these out of the water really...2k needs to get back to their original vision for stick dribbling....feels great...only thing it was missing was individuality between players...
I didn't play 14: do the youtube videos capture this difference well?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #23
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz

I didn't play 14 next gen either. But from the videos I've seen it pretty much looks like 2K13 dribbiling system wich I didn't particularly like.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:27 PM   #24
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz

Should have clarified, I was talking about last gen 2K14.....I cant recall how well translated to NG off the top of my head...

Really liked how pressure sensitive it was....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »