Home

New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17?

This is a discussion on New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Found this comparitive pic over at NLSC - makes you realise looking at them side by side how good the 2K17 one looks;

That cotton rendering is beautiful. Rim/net physics are a huge plus for me when they're done right, I remember the rim/net being so off in older Live games and it being an insta turn off. Haven't been perfect in 2K, but solid. Getting the ball to interact correctly with the rim and net coupled with great sounds, though, would make getting buckets so much more satisfying. That, and smooth, responsive movement
Old 08-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #34
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhatt3
That cotton rendering is beautiful. Rim/net physics are a huge plus for me when they're done right, I remember the rim/net being so off in older Live games and it being an insta turn off. Haven't been perfect in 2K, but solid. Getting the ball to interact correctly with the rim and net coupled with great sounds, though, would make getting buckets so much more satisfying. That, and smooth, responsive movement
Yeah if you think about it, a ball will interact with the rim/net between 100-200 times per game (depending on length of quarters). I thought I was weird for obsessing about it but if done poorly, you're reminded that you're playing a video game every 24 seconds or less.

Immersion. Important.

Keen to see the shaky phone vids in a couple days at Gamescom. People play horribly there, but the nets won't lie. Haha.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:48 AM   #35
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

They look really improved based on the Chris Smoove video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #36
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

I'll be honest with you, I ain't loving them.

Net looks nicer (as we've stated on here already) but I think it's just a bit too slow. Like there's no gravity in the arena's atmosphere haha.

Still..... hard to say for sure from the res quality of the vids I guess.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:22 PM   #37
Rookie

Okay, I am like OCD level nutness about the net physics. I truly think that if you are trying to create a "simulation," then you have to go to great lengths to get this stuff right, and I can tell you that the 2k net physics are still off in 2k17.

To the earlier poster that said if the sound is right, you would "barely notice" the actual visual physics, you are just simply wrong. Go back and look at your video when it's Knicks up 9 to 4 and Caremelo shoots that three pointer. In real life, that is a perfect "swoosh." In your 2k15 remake, it's awful in terms of recreation/simulation. Just nothing close to what actually happened.

This Carmelo three pointer is something I have ALWAYS dreamed about for 2k to deliver, but they just simply cannot do it for some reason. I don't know if it's a shortcoming of programming, a lack of attention to detail, or what, but they just cannot get the "nothing but net" right. Maybe one day......
Old 09-20-2016, 11:34 PM   #38
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgb8Jofr5ew

I just do not believe that 2k's net physics are ANYWHERE close to realistic if you juxtapose them side by side with real video...
Old 09-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #39
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzy02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgb8Jofr5ew

I just do not believe that 2k's net physics are ANYWHERE close to realistic if you juxtapose them side by side with real video...
No but 15 was about 4/10 last year about 6/10 and this year about 7/10.

2K20 will be lit :fireemoji:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »