Home

NBA 2K17 Basic & Advanced Controls Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Basic & Advanced Controls Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Location: in a myriad of lies and half truths searching for enjoyment
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
This. I couldn't agree more. The Euro was sort of rare to see this year in Pro-am due to the degree of difficulty in pulling it off. Everyone and their brother is going to be spamming this move now, thinking they're nice.
I think the reason that the euro step was not seen in the park and pro-am was due to its ineffectiveness, as well as the ease in which you could either time the layup release to block it as a help side defender or more importantly steal the ball due to a long steal animation window.

I hope that the alternative input method as back and away from the rim (either to the right or the left) while driving on the right stick is still an option to allow me to continue to do all my dribble and layup controls on the right stick
Old 08-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K17 Basic & Advanced Controls Revealed

I'm excited that eurostep is back on the buttons, people been asking for it back for the longest.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #59
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Love how the eurosteps are back on the buttons. I just couldn't do it using the sticks.
Ditto. I knew how to do it, but I kept getting the floater animation. It was too inconsistent for me. I like it on the button better.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #60
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Could you step back out of triple threat before?

Can't say I've used it if so....
Old 08-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #61
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Re: NBA 2K17 Control List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I ****ing wish. I still don't get why this would be in the game.
Because for the last n years 2k online servers have been so laggy that if the CPU doesn't contest for you you're going to be way behind on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 12:16 PM   #62
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K17 Control List

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Because for the last n years 2k online servers have been so laggy that if the CPU doesn't contest for you you're going to be way behind on it.
If that were the reason then we would need automatic rebounding, automatic steals, automatic timing jumpshot and so on. I see where you are coming from with the lag but I've been playing 2K with people from the US for years -laggy games- and none of us ever needed to have that on.

You knew that when you press the standard pass button they have made it so once in a while you actually bounce pass ? I remember Czar saying it was because some people would not bother looking at the controls and you have to have it trigger sometimes or they would think it's not in the game.

It's just assistance for assisted gamers. (Not refering to anyone who has some sort of condition)

Last edited by Vni; 08-19-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #63
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

I personally didn't like the euro much this year.. Hopefully they work on it.. This year at least online it was too slow tbh.. And with them making blocks a lot easier it was an easy swat when attempting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2016, 12:35 PM   #64
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSource
I think the reason that the euro step was not seen in the park and pro-am was due to its ineffectiveness, as well as the ease in which you could either time the layup release to block it as a help side defender or more importantly steal the ball due to a long steal animation window.

I hope that the alternative input method as back and away from the rim (either to the right or the left) while driving on the right stick is still an option to allow me to continue to do all my dribble and layup controls on the right stick
Its just you need to know when its effective to do this move and you got no margin for mistake. Combine it with difficult control its not under use by many. But if you get past the learning curve its very powerful.

Me personally enjoying the uniqueness to somebody that learnt it this year in park/pro am and contextual animations can look really nice.

some examples:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »