Home

2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories

This is a discussion on 2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories

I can definitely see this in the park and Pro Am mode.

Hell, you can include to make em longer too...but i know some "conservative" folks on here would have a field day with baggy shorts...smh

but honestly, all i really want in the game is to be able to edit the color of ankle wraps...

AND have a WIDE selection of african american hairstyles. It behooves me how we dont have an NBA Player Tatoo package or NBA player hair package that we can then put an edit on our myplayers in 2016.

Let me be clear...i think we need a barber shop haircut guide for each of the major races to be honest...if the nba is a global business, and 2k is imitating life with this art form, it should reflect the people that play in its league and in general be on top of the hairstyles that are currently trending in the world.

Oh yeah, yall might not like them, but bring back those Mop tops hairdos from 2k10 & 2k11, and Throw in a few3 different kind of man Buns(pause) hahaha.

Here are some suggested cuts we could use in 2k17

This just becuase....lol

Whatever the hell you call this...

Definitely could use better dreadlocks.

Doo Rags/Bandanas/headwraps/Ethnic Headrapsfor Park mode would be cool.[/b]

I'll add on more to this eventually but my main focus is to put 2k on notice that there needs to be more variety, more options and more customization at our disposal when it comes to our players. There's no reason we shouldn't have access to any any every possible option in our hands. Customization is king. Everyone feel free to add on to this list and let me know what you guys think.

P.S. I know for all my folks out there who want to make white myplayers, I feel your struggle when he always winds up looking like Tommy from Power..hahaha

Last edited by Breakstarter; 08-21-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories

I think they did a decent job for black hairstyles for 2K16. They introduced a lot of new dreads and better cropped hairstyles, as well as adding different types of high-tops. They should definitely add more, but I think 2K should be given credit for that. One hairstyle they NEED to add for black people is the curly hair with blond top. So many young players with that hairstyle now, not just in basketball:
Spoiler

In terms of white hairstyles, I hope to see a few more, but more importantly actually being able to create a normal looking white player. Not to be racist, but the CAP system is clearly more orientated towards black people. 9/10 white CAPs look like black people with full vitiligo. It's impossible to create a person with features that are more common to white people. I'm talking narrow nose, lips etc. The only things that make white CAPs look like white people are lighter eye colours and straight hair.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

It'd be nice if we could use current players hair on CAPs/MyPlayer. I'm not sure how they could make it happen, but it'd give us a ton more options than what we have now.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Thanks for making this. I'll be adding to it when I get some free time.

Been trying to make my MyPlayer look like CDR but cant because no dreads with the fade or short shorts:

Last edited by MontanaMan; 08-21-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
Banned

SlyNumb3r1's Arena

Just give us the Option to usw every Hairstyle that current players have.. I mean PES 5 had that option for Hair and Facial Hair! And that game came out 2005 on the PS2! U also had the Option to change ur beard thickness.. Until this Day this was the best Game when it comes to editing (Y)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Another thing I forgot is that we should be able to have hair designs. It wouldn't even have to be all that crazy, just lines or whatever.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

The black hair styles in NBA 2k are pretty bad. I mean like only one actually has a edge up....the fades are sloppy its just bad. The kinda stuff you see at a barber college...

I would love the ability to use the hair of NBA players.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
Rookie

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...gures-revealed

2k may need to take some of their 4 million sold in the first week $$Money
And go ahead and hire a world renowned barber. Hell he can be a go to guy from the real NBA players, so long as dude shows them how he crafts black people's hair, then it will have been money well spent.

$59.99
X

$239,960,000 dollars

So ya'll do the math, if we can't get the right haircuts that embody thecurrent players style and the current trends in the world, what the hell does 2k spend their profits on?
I'm definitely sure it's not their online infrastructure....
I digress though...that's a whole nudda

Last edited by Breakstarter; 08-21-2016 at 01:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »