Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #25
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polyg

Quote:
. In about half an hour playing NBA 2K17, I saw multiple passes to the paint get deflected and even picked off. The ball just felt more live, whether on passes, steals or rebounds.
I can see the tears now. "Too many deflections." 2K, hold your ground. Don't dumb the game down for Little Timmy and his Sandbox Crew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #26
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team & More (Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
This is music to my freaking ears. Thank you 2K!
This x1,000.

Hopefully I can punish kids who do the same predictable dribble sequence with timing now. This sounds like it specifically caters to my brand of defense.

Actually everything sounds too good to be true...so it'll probably be amazing the first month, and get nerfed to hell

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

Last edited by ViolenceFight; 08-22-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team & More (Polygon

Sounds interesting... I look forward to more specifics. Hopefully we get some more Dev Blogs soon.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #28
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Our threads/posts paid off Bruh ! Lol
I know man haha. I must have made about a million gifs this year.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #29
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I mostly agree with you...

Hopefully the focus on control was maintained when developing these things...
Can't wait for the day when you will be able to break someone's uncle (funny typo I leave it) without turbo, when you will be able to turn the corner without turbo, when people will have to react to your jabs and respect your first step, when moving the ball will not only be to get an open shot but get the defense on their toe, when you will be able to attack the closing out defenders who will be caught going the wrong way. I feel like most of theses things weren't in 2K16.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Can't wait for the day when you will be able to break someone's uncle (funny typo I leave it) without turbo, when you will be able to turn the corner without turbo, when people will have to react to your jabs and respect your first step, when moving the ball will not only be to get an open shot but get the defense on their toe, when you will be able to attack the closing out defenders who will be caught going the wrong way. I feel like most of theses things weren't in 2K16.
this game is mostly animation based. you want read/react gameplay(something i long for). dont know if we will ever see that in 2K just based on the foundation of the game itself.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:53 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebb5896
"In about half an hour playing NBA 2K17, I saw multiple passes to the paint get deflected and even picked off."

"The new system in NBA 2K17 is designed to penalize people who lay on the sprint button all the time, because that’s simply not a realistic way to play basketball"

‘Hey, I’m [rated] 95, so I’m good’ — you want to be able to separate that field, and really start bringing out the guys who really know what they’re doing versus the others."

I'm gonna cry

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
In terms of separating the field, it kind of sounds like jones could possibly be alluding to a lobby type atmosphere or maybe at least grouping the higher rated players from the lower rated players in my park. I hope so bc I dnt want to be rated 95 and have to be the one matched up against a 85 player who I can easily outplay. It's like when you have a kid that called next among men and you getting matched up with the kid.

Plus alot of those lower rated players are newbies and some are just nuts so they are going to cause you to lose bc they are still learning how to play.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-22-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #32
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

Quote:
Now you’ll need to time layups properly as well, and aiming is a factor in addition to timing — a jump shot will fly true only if you pull straight back on the right stick.

Hmmmm I'm not sure about this. Would be a disadvantage that those who shoot using square/X wouldn't have to deal with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »