Home

More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

This is a discussion on More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2016, 01:55 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

A quick overview of what playstyle is best at what for Sf according to the Prelude trailer. (In order of highest stats from around 15+ to 25). First style of each has the highest.

Best shooting wise (both mid and 3pt) = Sharpshooter / Shot creator / Point forward.
Best off dribble = Shot creator / Slasher / Point forward.
Best Post = Post (not shown but obvious) / 3 playstyles have 14.
Best inside = Slasher / Glass cleaner / Creator / Point forward / Probably post.
Best Agility = Every style above 18 except sharpshooter
Best defending = Lockdown / Cleaner / everyone else at 15.
Best rebounding = Cleaner / Lockdown / Probably post.
Best playmaking = Point forward / Slasher / Creator.
Best strenghth = Cleaner / Lockdown / Probably post

Obviously this is just SF - but maybe there's a trend - it could depend on height and such too.

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-03-2016 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:09 AM   #74
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Well you're right - but then we are talking about lockdown defender specifically. Which depends a lot on balance of the game. I actually made a post talking about balance of builds in another thread. So I would kind of have to type my thoughts all over again. But basically - it depends on the balance of the game. Who knows maybe a lockdown defender can legit do a lot on defense and be very effective. So effective that it becomes justified to have such a build. I'll copy and paste a comment I made summarizing stat caps for sf in a while. It probably reflects similar stats for other positions. So we can see a bit of the balance and unbalance.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
So you think 25/25 instead of 15/25 which pretty much every other type has will be worth limiting 3pt/mid range/shoot of dribble/playmaking to 34/100? For comparison the other 4 types have 71/100 for playmaker, 50/100 slasher, 69/100 shot creator, sharpshooter 74/100. The only one that gives up near as much is slasher and it get a layup/dunk of 25/25.

Notice this. All the offensive types give you max in 2 towers and pretty much average in all the rest with one or two weaknesses. Lockdown defender makes you max in three (well strength one from max) and slightly above average in the only other non-offensive stat. Which was the ONLY way to make sure you couldn't very good any any offensive stat.

As 4 or 5 like that could get a chance in the NBA, a one or a two would be a role guy off the bench at best. In todays NBA there isn't room for guy with no offense in the 1-3 spot, NONE! Look at George Hill and he actually can shoot the three fairly well.

Not sure how they expect people to start playing defense in the park and such when you can't make a really good defensive player that isn't a black hole on offense.

Last edited by Rip4ever; 09-03-2016 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:22 AM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
So you think 25/25 instead of 15/25 which pretty much every other type has will be worth limiting 3pt/mid range/shoot of dribble/playmaking to 34/100? For comparison the other 4 types have 71/100 for playmaker, 50/100 slasher, 69/100 shot creator, sharpshooter 74/100. The only one that gives up near as much is slasher and it get a layup/dunk of 25/25.

Notice this. All the offensive types give you max in 2 towers and pretty much average in all the rest with one or two weaknesses. Lockdown defender makes you max in three (well strength one from max) and slightly above average in the only other non-offensive stat. Which was the ONLY way to make sure you couldn't very good any any offensive stat.

As 4 or 5 like that could get a chance in the NBA, a one or a two would be a role guy off the bench at best. In todays NBA there isn't room for guy with no offense in the 1-3 spot, NONE!
Well first of all. Not sure if you saw the prelude trailer post where a member made a stat table with all the stats. Great post. Yes lockdown has a disadvantage in general stats but is 25 - 25 - 24 in defense, agility and strength. Not sure why you ignored what I said about balance. I'm not talking about superficial build balance. The game hasn't come out we don't know yet how effective each stat is. Because of previous years I am sure you are assuming being maxed in defense is not that great. In 2k16 it was nice but certainly not as effective as having good offensive stats. But we can't assume that's the case yet which is what I'm saying. For all we know a 13 in layup and 12 in post might be around a 70 overall. This is not including the boosts that one gets for height. Which boosts the inside game. With bronze badges possibly reaching 80 caliber inside game. Which is more than acceptable. To sum it up it all depends what each number represents in terms of stats - on the game play - and on how effective defense/strength etc is. For all we know lock down defender might be a very viable build. We are only assuming. Besides in my main answer I was disagreeing with sharpshooter being better than it superficially is. Lock down defender superficially indeed looks weaker in terms of stat balance.

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-03-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 03:00 AM   #76
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Well first of all. Not sure if you saw the prelude trailer post where a member made a stat table with all the stats. Great post. Yes lockdown has a disadvantage in general stats but is 25 - 25 - 24 in defense, agility and strength. Not sure why you ignored what I said about balance. I'm not talking about superficial build balance. The game hasn't come out we don't know yet how effective each stat is. Because of previous years I am sure you are assuming being maxed in defense is not that great. In 2k16 it was nice but certainly not as effective as having good offensive stats. But we can't assume that's the case yet which is what I'm saying. For all we know a 13 in layup and 12 in post might be around a 70 overall. This is not including the boosts that one gets for height. Which boosts the inside game. With bronze badges possibly reaching 80 caliber inside game. Which is more than acceptable. To sum it up it all depends what each number represents in terms of stats - on the game play - and on how effective defense/strength etc is. For all we know lock down defender might be a very viable build. We are only assuming. Besides in my main answer I was disagreeing with sharpshooter being better than it superficially is. Lock down defender superficially indeed looks weaker in terms of stat balance.

Yea that works great for a 6'10" PF who is a lockdown defender. But for a pg or sg who is 6'1 strength/rebounding and scoring in the post are all but useless stats. Which is why I said it should vary by position. What works for a lockdown defender in the post isn't what works best for a wing lockdown defender.

Kinda obvious to me that whoever made the caps was envisioning Deandre Jordan type defender when a Gary Payton type defender is what is lockdown at the point.

Kinda pointless to have a super good steal and the pickpocket badge when pretty much handle the ball like Dwight Howard. They will just take it right back from you.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:51 AM   #77
Rookie

ZBoo50's Arena

I agree that Lockdown Defender type should has better 3pt stats than only 7 bar..it could be 10 at least
Old 09-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #78
Rookie

In previous 2k games the lowest your stats could be was about 60. Lets just assume that all stats start at 60 and max at 95. that means that each upgrade is about 1.4 points rounded. A lockdown defender at PG and SG with base height wingspan and weight would have potential max stats:

Shot off Dribble: 70
Dunk/Layup: 78
Mid Range: 75
3pt: 70
Post Score: 77
Agility: 95
Strength: 94
Rebound: 84
Playmaking: 73
Defense: 95

So with height weight and wingspan adjustments you might get 3pt to 75 and Mid Range to 80. That is respectable. Not all that great but respectable.

again this is all assumptions.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #79
Rookie

AT35's Arena

MyCareer is going to be awsome! I'm supre excited to play
Old 09-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #80
Pro

basketballer0385's Arena

OVR: 5
Is there anything about the olympics?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »