Home

More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

This is a discussion on More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

I'm not liking the direction they are going with this mode at all. Preset nicknames and story modes aren't what I'm looking for personally. My wish is that they had an offline version for the people that don't care about ProAm. Make it so you go through high school, college, the draft, and then summer league. And maybe even D-League. Then they'd let you use custom gameplay sliders, and choose a starting point for your overall attribute and max potential at the beginning when you make your player, with such starting point options as:

Undrafted (60 Ovr)
2nd round pick (65 Ovr)
1st round pick, (70 Ovr)
Lottery pick (75 Ovr)
Top 5 Pick (80 Ovr)

However your performance in the events leading up to the draft could still effect where you go. Then also allow users to choose a max potential based on:

Role Player (75 Pot)
Starter (80 Pot)
Allstar (85 Pot)
Star (90 Pot)
Superstar (99 Pot)

Then along with individual rating increases instead of buckets you can mold your player type within those predecided parameters. Say if you choose starter, you know you'll max out at 80, and can improve your defense and 3pth shooting mostly to become a 3 and D type player as one example.

Also having the option to play 29 game seasons with normalized stats calculating the games and stat totals out across 82 games so you can realistically play every game and get through seasons. Have the coach give you more or less minutes depending on how you perform and even get send down to the dleague early on would be great. I could go on and on, so many ideas about how I'd rather see them take this, but I'm sure I'm probably in the small minority...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #66
Rookie

To me it'd be more exciting if there were more storylines down the road, not just first or 2nd season, maybe season 5...also different storylines for different positions.

Different storylines released throughout the season and alternate paths....
Old 09-02-2016, 09:56 PM   #67
Rookie

All these new features all cool and all but the bottom line is the replay value of playing multiple season will be ruined if your teammates play like ****. U should nit have to average 40pionts 15 rebonds and 10 assist inorder for your team to win
Old 09-02-2016, 10:26 PM   #68
Rookie

This! Make it similar to NCAA road to glory where you customize your high school along with the option to customize your opponents in high school. Play a full season of college, could be a mix of real and fake colleges that you could customize. Have the option to go back for up to 4 seasons, then draft, summer league, and then NBA/d-league. We have the alternative for MY GM, we need an alternative for MY Career as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
I'm not liking the direction they are going with this mode at all. Preset nicknames and story modes aren't what I'm looking for personally. My wish is that they had an offline version for the people that don't care about ProAm. Make it so you go through high school, college, the draft, and then summer league. And maybe even D-League. Then they'd let you use custom gameplay sliders, and choose a starting point for your overall attribute and max potential at the beginning when you make your player, with such starting point options as:

Undrafted (60 Ovr)
2nd round pick (65 Ovr)
1st round pick, (70 Ovr)
Lottery pick (75 Ovr)
Top 5 Pick (80 Ovr)

However your performance in the events leading up to the draft could still effect where you go. Then also allow users to choose a max potential based on:

Role Player (75 Pot)
Starter (80 Pot)
Allstar (85 Pot)
Star (90 Pot)
Superstar (99 Pot)

Then along with individual rating increases instead of buckets you can mold your player type within those predecided parameters. Say if you choose starter, you know you'll max out at 80, and can improve your defense and 3pth shooting mostly to become a 3 and D type player as one example.

Also having the option to play 29 game seasons with normalized stats calculating the games and stat totals out across 82 games so you can realistically play every game and get through seasons. Have the coach give you more or less minutes depending on how you perform and even get send down to the dleague early on would be great. I could go on and on, so many ideas about how I'd rather see them take this, but I'm sure I'm probably in the small minority...
Old 09-02-2016, 10:46 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adw 688
All these new features all cool and all but the bottom line is the replay value of playing multiple season will be ruined if your teammates play like ****. U should nit have to average 40pionts 15 rebonds and 10 assist inorder for your team to win
Very true, it kills the realism for sure. At least if we could use custom gameplay sliders like in other modes you could at least mostly remedy this on our own.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:07 AM   #70
Rookie

I wonder if you will be able to upgrade your my player attributes during the prelude or have to wait till the full game release to do this! Really looking forward to this game so much!
Old 09-03-2016, 12:40 AM   #71
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
There would be no point in archetypes then. Solid defender sure. Really God defender eh. Lockdown defender absolutely not. The thing is that sharpshooter in the game of basketball is one of the deadliest offensive weapons. I don't find it fair to for them to be great defenders. Offline sure - online no. If Lockdown defender can't shoot
from 3 - you shouldn't be able to defend at a similar level. Plus defense is much more IQ related than shooting. You can probably compensate for average defensive stats if you are smart. Same can't be said for shooting.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
You kind of make the point though. All the various offensive styles can still get 15/25 defense. But a lockdown defender can't get even close to 15/25 on ANY offensive stats, and not even 10/25 on anything more than 15ft away. You should be able to have at least one offensive area where you are above average.

I suspect when all is said and done a created lockdown defender won't even be able to match Tony Allen's offensive skill numbers and he is horrible on offense. Having a MyPlayer that should be jealous of Trick or Treat Tony is just sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 01:41 AM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
You kind of make the point though. All the various offensive styles can still get 15/25 defense. But a lockdown defender can't get even close to 15/25 on ANY offensive stats, and not even 10/25 on anything more than 15ft away. You should be able to have at least one offensive area where you are above average.

I suspect when all is said and done a created lockdown defender won't even be able to match Tony Allen's offensive skill numbers and he is horrible on offense. Having a MyPlayer that should be jealous of Trick or Treat Tony is just sad.
Well you're right - but then we are talking about lockdown defender specifically. Which depends a lot on balance of the game. I actually made a post talking about balance of builds in another thread. So I would kind of have to type my thoughts all over again. But basically - it depends on the balance of the game. Who knows maybe a lockdown defender can legit do a lot on defense and be very effective. So effective that it becomes justified to have such a build. I'll copy and paste a comment I made summarizing stat caps for sf in a while. It probably reflects similar stats for other positions. So we can see a bit of the balance and unbalance.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »