Home

The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

This is a discussion on The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

Those of you that frequent the Madden forum are going to see a lot of similarities to the post there, but it seems like this forum has taken the same turn.

Beginning tomorrow (9/12/16) at 7 AM EST and extending indefinitely - permanent bans will be in effect for the NBA 2K forum and will be happening at a much swifter pace than the other forums. What does this mean to you?
A couple of guidelines to follow:

Constructive Criticism - I want you to have your opinion, positive or negative. I want you to voice your opinion, positive or negative. But when said opinion goes from 'This is what I think, this is why I think it, respect' to 'This is what I think, go **** yourself and the devs are garbage/lazy' that's when you get banned. And yes - first time offense is a permanent ban.

Thread Hijacking - If there is a thread that is going well and you decide it's time to derail it because you believe the more you post the more your voice is heard, you will be banned. Be respectful of other people - if there is a conversation going on about franchise mode and you decide "Yeah, but think how much better it would be if they didn't waste their time in MyTeam" - you guessed it: Ban. You will have plenty of opportunity to voice your concerns, but do it in the right spot.

Agenda Posting - Let's start with the definition of agenda in the way that I am using it: an underlying often ideological plan or program. That means that your posts always point to the same idea - but you are trying to push it covertly. Example: You hate the new dribbling system (which is a fine opinion to have). You go to every thread you see "Controls" or "Handles" in and immediately start bashing the new control system no matter what the actual topic is hoping someone asks you specifically about the new ball handling controls so that you can express the same opinion you've over and over and over. This goes hand in hand with Thread Hijacking, but some people like to believe they are slick and we can't see what they are doing. We've been doing this a long time, we know, both guys defending and attacking the game.

Just don't be a jerk - So you know my point of view: I want everyone's voice to be heard. I tell this to guys all the time - there is so much untapped talent when it comes to creativity and feedback in this forum (And OS in general - look at how many people from OS are in the business currently). It just keeps getting blocked by hate from both sides of the fence. Be receptive to ideas that aren't your own. Be respectful of other users. Know that everyone has their own opinion and it is a valuable one.

My end goal every year is to help users enjoy a game more, get open channels of information to make the game better and try to have some fun doing it. I hate posting this thread each year but always know the necessity it is to posting it. So please - let's make everyone's job easier here - read this and try to follow it.

If you are banned and fell like it was done wrongfully, please email [email protected] or Tweet me at www.twitter.com/MillenniumOS and I will listen to your appeal.

As always, I will leave this thread open for discussion. It is not a bait, and you can speak your mind freely.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

Harsh, but the vocal minority ruins the experience for everyone. I support this.

There was a Subnormality comic that used a movie theater and disruptive people as an example, but I can't find the exact comic--you can see a smaller version here.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Harsh, but the vocal minority ruins the experience for everyone. I support this.

There was a Subnormality comic that used a movie theater and disruptive people as an example, but I can't find the exact comic--you can see a smaller version here.
Believe me when I say that the vocal minority that is ruining the experience is known and this is specifically targeted at them. Every one of them knows who they are, and this is a tool for the mods (and users - use the Report feature on posts!) to finally straighten them out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Love it personally

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Love it personally

I'm hoping most users see it this way. It is an effort to make this forum more accessible for the constructive users.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #6
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Thanks for doing this, I think a few of us were hoping this would happen and I know that it will make the NBA 2K forum a better place in the long run!

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 09-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #7
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Definately approved.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'm hoping most users see it this way. It is an effort to make this forum more accessible for the constructive users.

Indeed - it's all about being constructive. Some posters I've seen throughout this whole 2k pre-launch kept criticizing/bashing the same things in several forums as if doing such would change anything. If something is not liked - the most constructive option is to attempt to reach 2k and let them know. Constantly bashing certain things without a constructive purpose is meaningless and just negative. There's no clear motive in continuing such other than bitterness. And such things should not be part of the community. Disappointment sure - simply being hopeful for more - no need to bash 2k though. Or to just be hateful and childish in general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »