Home

Who bought VC in the prelude?

This is a discussion on Who bought VC in the prelude? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who bought VC in the prelude?

We're all gonna have to grind for those last 25 upgrades!
Old 09-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #18
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

Didn't buy any. I don't plan on buying any, but could possibly spring for some if I create a second player. Went with 6'6 Play making PG. I may also make a 6'8-6'10 SF/PF Slasher/Athletic Finisher. Thinking of a Dominique or Kemp style player.

I actually love the grind, especially playing with a sub par player in MyPark. It can be frustrating when paired with players who don't play team ball, but when playing with friends who understand the style, it definitely forces me to be more calculated and it is very internally rewarding to do well against high rated players. This mindset probably stems from playing with mediocre/bad teams in online games and finding their strengths to beat the top rated teams other users select.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #19
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I used to be in the grinding camp but having a 2 year old and 10 month old will change perspective quickly. Thing is though you still need to grind to unlock certain badges you want.
I have a 20 month old and agree completely. Not much time to grind. But I don't play online and I spend more time in MyLeague than MyCareer anyway, so I don't buy VC regardless.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by didak7
Never have and never will buy VC.. I pay for the game and that's it. I build my dude up on my own doing's. More rewarding.
Same. For anyone that bends to 2k and spends money on VC, even worse on the damn demo:
Old 09-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #21
Rookie

I'm in the same boat with a little kiddo at home. Buying VC to get him over 70 helps me get more immediate enjoyment out of the mode, and I still feel like I'm upgrading him over the long run. To each their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #22
Pro

I see it as legit to atleast get him to 70 and then work from there. I usually don't buy though. If I do it's just 5$ or something for a small boost. I don't like that they allow players to get to 80+ as soon as the game launches. There should be a limit I'd say but it's all about the money they can earn. I played my career in 2k16 for like 2 months total and got 1 94 and another 86 but the gameplay eventually bored me sooner than any my career I've played. For several reasons. I couldn't afford ps plus all the time so I couldn't play online much. Everything is leading to me playing 2k17 a lot though.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #23
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

It's too much to grind for me right now lol so I do buy VC. I enjoy when I have time tho .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-12-2016, 01:37 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Funkhouser
Same. For anyone that bends to 2k and spends money on VC, even worse on the damn demo:
And what happened to those fanatics?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »