Home

Who bought VC in the prelude?

This is a discussion on Who bought VC in the prelude? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #49
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Who bought VC in the prelude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Exactly. I spent $50 shooting at paper targets for 1hour last week. I spent $50 on 2hours at the bar this week. It pains me none to spend $50 on VC for me to get dozens and dozens of hours of fun or to save even several hours of grinding. I really don't get why people have to tell other people how to spend their own money.

Get over it, item stores/VC aren't going away in video games, the genie is out of the bottle and its not going back.

The average person buys $87 worth of item store on phone app games and $92 on PC and console games. Why would any competent company ignore that revenue stream?
Yeah I don't understand it. The only thing that annoys me is when people buy upgrades then go online and destroy everyone. But thats why I avoid online ha
Old 09-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #50
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
You don't have to, but you can if you want to.

Anyway, you can golf at a public course or you can golf at a more expensive private course. you can walk the course or you can ride for extra money. choices just like in 2k. You can play ball in a park or ball in a health club you pay monthly for, I'm not going to criticize either choice.
Exactly. I always get a cart and normally a 6 pack of beer. I can play golf without these things. But they are an option. Golf, videogames, posting on this site. All forms of entertainment. We don't need to do any of it to survive. But we do. Some just choice to spend a little more. I def agree grinding for VC is more rewarding and fun. But just so your VC purchase isn't coming out of my pocket I could care less
Old 09-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nah but I will when I make a new one when 2K17 comes out

Gonna use 30K from Preorder then however much 15 dollars gets me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 04:24 PM   #52
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking30
Pointless in the Prelude IMO. It's just a practice before I start my real career.
Its not pointless because they have a sale on VC in the Prelude that will carry over to the actual game.. 200,000 VC for $49.99...

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 09-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #53
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Its not pointless because they have a sale on VC in the Prelude that will carry over to the actual game.. 200,000 VC for $49.99...
What is the standard price?
Old 09-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #54
Rookie

200k worth, top 3 pick
Old 09-13-2016, 05:31 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 0

I wouldn't enjoy buying vc to get my guy too strong. Makes the game too easy. Around 70 overall Is fair though. To each their own. I personally especially online don't like seeing high rated guys in the first days. Kind of lame. Just competition wise.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 10

I sometimes buy VC for my second guy if my first guy is not viable for pro am.

The thing is: they are skimping on the VC they give us this year... 5000? And 35000 for 2k16. I don't like that. Because of that, I'm gonna not buy VC. I don't feel that's fair. They keep giving us less and less VC each year.

People keep saying "2k doesn't owe us anything" or "2k isn't required to care about customers" but I disagree. If anything, we should get loyalty vc for buying the game every year. After spending legit over 1,000 dollars on 2k bball products in my life, you are gonna give me enough vc to upgrade my guy from like a 55 to a 62 or something? haha. Like five games worth of VC? That is a bit much to stomach. I wish people didn't buy VC so they would stop doing this to us, but I understand time for money it's a great deal to buy VC.

I just wish we could break out of this cycle.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »