Home

PS4 signature highlights

This is a discussion on PS4 signature highlights within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PS4 signature highlights

Can anyone with the PS4 version confirm if we have signature highlights after the game when playing longer timed quarters (8 -12 minutes)? Also does the post game player of the game video play? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: PS4 signature highlights

I believe this has already been confirmed as working now.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM   #3
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Believe or ya know??
Old 09-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa

Thanks. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 09-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachboy19
Thanks. Can anyone confirm this?

The halftime, post game, and individual player highlights (press triangle in box score if I recall correctly) all worked for me on the game I played this morning with 12m quarters. I haven't tested consecutive games without closing the application yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 01:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinthc0003
The halftime, post game, and individual player highlights (press triangle in box score if I recall correctly) all worked for me on the game I played this morning with 12m quarters. I haven't tested consecutive games without closing the application yet.

Good to hear. Hopefully it's fixed for consecutive games also. Thanks

Old 09-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

This should've been listed as a back-of-box feature, the news is so good.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:20 PM   #8
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachboy19
Good to hear. Hopefully it's fixed for consecutive games also. Thanks

PS4 NBA2k17

This is still preliminary observation. I will try to run 10 to 15 full consecutive 12 minute quarter games and see how the highlights are packaged for the first and second half including the individual player highlights under the box score selection screen. I will also try to upload them onto youtube to give more visual evidence of what type of highlights are present.

The reason for 10-15 games is because the halftime highlights for NBA2k16 PS4 completely stopped working after playing 2 consecutive games I believe.

I am currently in the testing phase. This is strictly what I will be testing this weekend on play now games including franchise mode because this is my most wanted feature that I want working. I was going to completely skip 2k17 but operationsports user Nevertheless confirmed it work so I preordered.

Yesterday night, I played three consecutive PS4 NBA2k17 12 minute quarter "play now" games without having to exit NBA2k17. I played back to back to back games. Halftime highlights work (shows both team highlights for both first and second quarter). Postgame player of the game highlights work. It only shows the player of the game. Didn't realize it doesn't show the team highlights.

This morning went back and ran a full 12 minute quarter game with NBA2k16 PS4 because I was concerned about 2k17 only showing the player of the game individual highlights for the post game show. I obviously had to do the workaround for PS4 2k16 (save and exit during the start of the 3rd quarter, don't need to completely exit out of 2k16 ( (I repeat, you do not need to exit out of 2k16) ), then load the MyGM file back. Apparently the post game show also only focuses on the player of the game individual highlights.

Individual highlights for each player (Box Score section). These also worked for the 3 consecutive games. Some of the highlights are extremely short (1 or 2 clips only, etc), others are more expansive. I believe these individual highlights only revolve around what the players did in the second half. If the player was more active scoring, more individual player highlights will be apparent in the box score section highlights. I don't believe these individual highlights include anything from the first half, but I will be doing further testing to see (i.e. only shooting 2's in the first half and only 3's in the second half).
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-16-2016 at 03:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »