Home

What Difficulty Level Are You On?

This is a discussion on What Difficulty Level Are You On? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 02:00 PM   #73
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: What Difficulty Level Are You On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Can you post a screenshot of one of your box scores next game you play, please? Because even on All Star, the CPU makes EVERYTHING.
I gotchu man.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #74
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Those 3P%'s though, holy moly. That has to be a small number of games played right?
It's about 15 games in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #75
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Glad I found this thread as I see these shooting percentages also.

I want to have ACE in full effect, but I'm not good enough on the sticks to play HOF. We need a dev to conform that if we change sliders from HOF so the difficulty change o custon, that we still get "level 5" ACE. Didn't hear Czar mentioned that on his stream...
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 0

There is no true difficult this year. It's all based on sliders and ACE which is tied into the OA and DA sliders. You have set difficulty sliders. They give the cpu slider boost higher or lower depending what set difficulty you're playing on. I'm playing on the default simulation sliders that was in 2k16 ( i downloaded them). So i guess the difficulty i'm playing on is simulation.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #77
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
There is no true difficult this year. It's all based on sliders and ACE which is tied into the OA and DA sliders. You have set difficulty sliders. They give the cpu slider boost higher or lower depending what set difficulty you're playing on. I'm playing on the default simulation sliders that was in 2k16 ( i downloaded them). So i guess the difficulty i'm playing on is simulation.
No! There are 5 difficulty settings. Rookie, Pro, Allstar, Superstar & HOF. The higher you go, the more the sliders are in favor of the CPU. BUT also the higher you go, the more of ACE the CPU will use.

But true, there are no Casual, default or sim mode!
Old 09-17-2016, 03:15 PM   #78
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
No! There are 5 difficulty settings. Rookie, Pro, Allstar, Superstar & HOF. The higher you go, the more the sliders are in favor of the CPU. BUT also the higher you go, the more of ACE the CPU will use.

So the computer gets boosts to their sliders, and they're smarter than ever on superstar and HOF? Why not just leave the ACE at max and give us even sliders for CPU and user?

You're already making the computer smart by unlocking all levels of ACE on higher difficulty, why do they also need a boost to their sliders? It makes no sense to me.

This is why we're seeing the AI sink everything they put up. But even when adjusting sliders, it seems to have minimal affect. I really wish we could get a chime in from Czar or one of the devs to shed light on all of this.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier

Yeah i know. Those are the default set difficulties. They are all based on sliders. last year that wasn't the case. They hid the boost that the CPU got within the game code. This year you can visibly see the boost that the cpu is getting in shooting, offense awareness, and defense awareness.

That's Why i call it set difficultly because it goes to custom as soon as you start adjusting sliders. My bad though. I should have explained that better. Cpu adjustments are mostly tied to that offensive and defense awareness slider, i'm about 80 percent sure ( too early to know for sure 100 percent). The reason i feel this way is because the difficult goes to custom when you start playing with the sliders, Which leads me to believe that the game bases it's levels solely on the sliders.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:19 PM   #80
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
So the computer gets boosts to their sliders, and they're smarter than ever on superstar and HOF? Why not just leave the ACE at max and give us even sliders for CPU and user?

You're already making the computer smart by unlocking all levels of ACE on higher difficulty, why do they also need a boost to their sliders? It makes no sense to me.

This is why we're seeing the AI sink everything they put up. But even when adjusting sliders, it seems to have minimal affect. I really wish we could get a chime in from Czar or one of the devs to shed light on all of this.
Czar said thats where they wanted to get eventually, but ACE wasn't quite strong enough on it's own yet, but I completely agree.

I have my shooting sliders at 50 for both user & CPU as a starting base and getting decent results. But I hate not knowing if CPU is using everything OG and Czar have in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »