Home

How to stop AI teammates from auto double team late game?

This is a discussion on How to stop AI teammates from auto double team late game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How to stop AI teammates from auto double team late game?

I think the devs should transition the game away form the "get the ball out of his hands" double team to a more of a "shade the court heavily, zone up" type of double team. Currently double teams are easy to exploit.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
THis seems to be the #1 flaw to the ACE defensive system. My main concern is the CPU controlled teams seem to double quite often. Also, they double at bad times, running players way beyond the three point arc.

In addition to this, I play with the Warriors and teams will run defenders off of Klay and Durant to double Steph Curry, leaving the two of them wide open. That would absolutely never happen in any situation.

Hopefully OG can clean the double teaming up a bit post launch. Double teams should be programmed to primarily trigger off a pick and roll and in the post. Very rarely will defenders run across the floor to double team a player (maybe never).
This is quite consistent with what I have been experienced in my career... AI D usually messed up against highly rated team/players.

Maybe those Defense IQ stats are more important this year? Or maybe 2K just make those non-sense double team plays occur too often than they should.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:21 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
I think the devs should transition the game away form the "get the ball out of his hands" double team to a more of a "shade the court heavily, zone up" type of double team. Currently double teams are easy to exploit.
And if they do double team, others have to become zone defenders to cover it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 08:28 PM   #12
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't have a clue. But I would like to see pressing a button to tell/signal your teammate to get off the double team, especially during pick and roll situations and for double team situations, and during switches. Maybe even on the d-pad or something, not just during late game, but all game long.

That's more of a hoping wishlist type of gameplay feature, sort of like what they did with using a button to go after loose balls this year. Last year, I mentioned about pressing a button to go after loose balls somewhere in this operationsports forum, and it was implemented (was it even there for 2k16?). Most likely not because of what I wrote, but a good decision on 2k's part.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 26

This is a big flaw of the AI game.

I like that the cpu will double hot players. but not everytime and (if its a PG that is dominating) as soon as he crosses half court.

Thing is. It does not even have to be a player that is hot.
I was watching a CPUvCPU Magic, Pacers game and I kept seeing the Pacers double Payton of all people everytime he crossed half court. this meant easy pickings for the Magic and Payton having 12 assists midway through the 2nd quarter.

I play with an expansion team (Sonics) and created myself as the star PG. When my guy is having a strong game. the double teams come. relentlessly. and it is so easy to exploit. I tried switching over to the other team to see if I can stop it. There is no way to.

The CPU should not be doubling a hot player as soon as he crosses half court.
and the CPU should not be doing it over and over again.

It is a big flaw and it ruins the experience of an otherwise great playing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »