Home

Plays that take long, can be addressed but need to know which ones

This is a discussion on Plays that take long, can be addressed but need to know which ones within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #17
Rookie

Wejwer89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Plays that take long, can be addressed but need to know which ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Stop derailing a good topic.
Stop telling me what to do.

First you treat me like I'm a typical "quick online turbo abuser" and telling me to pick a play after a rebound (wow, what an advice!), now you don't allow me to ask a simple question?

Watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCho...-zn9f0A/videos
Old 10-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wejwer89
Stop telling me what to do.

First you treat me like I'm a typical "quick online turbo abuser" and telling me to pick a play after a rebound (wow, what an advice!), now you don't allow me to ask a simple question?
no, i am telling you to stop derailing this topic, the rest is you imagining things. You opened a topic complaining about it in general terms, then you go into this topic (asking for specific plays to fix) and continue the same theme. Thatīs derailing a discussion.

To add to this topic, i would add that indeed the floppy plays could generally use some work as well as the elevator play. Will post a list later of plays i think could use some speeding up (in general, about 25 of my 35 in my custom playbook "work" almost always, the other 10 it is hit or miss).
Old 10-03-2016, 12:52 PM   #19
Pro

Avid play runner and use the Spurs A LOT... First and foremost, I am not trying to troll, just giving my input.

ANY play that has more than two-three branches does not develop fast enough. This is even if I pick my play prior to crossing half-court and letting all my players get into position.

I think it is a combination of the off-ball collisions, which I like a lot and the offensive player not fighting back enough or having a sense of urgency to get to their spots on the court.

I LOVE all of the off-ball collisions and are a welcomed edition. However, the offensive players need just as many off-ball rebuttals to the defenders fight off the ball.

Last but not last, it seems like the pace is sporadic. I watch my players move slowly to their spots sometimes and its causing a huge delay in the plays branching continuing on. There should be a sense of urgency to get in the correct position.

I will have a list of plays when I get home.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:15 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
Post plays are terrible. They are not fighting for position they are simply running up and down and then they finally get the right position...
i get this a lot too - very anoying.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
In case anyone from 2K reads this, can I ask what happened to the following plays:

1) Quick 2
2) Quick 42 Quick

There are like two more I can't remember because I knew the button presses needed to call them but can't remember their names. Quick 42 Quick was my bread n butter and I miss it. They were fast, relied on effective screeners, and were all around great catch and shoot plays.

Please, sirs and madams, give it back.

They're back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #22
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

One floppy play that works is iso 2 floppy. If all the floppy plays worked like this play, it would be a huge improvement

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #23
Rookie

killaxxbearsxxx's Arena

This is an ongoing thing right? We can keep adding plays and you can keep relaying it to your guy? I would love to add plays on here, even willing to go through every play if that means making playcalling more reliable. But it would have to wait a little bit as I'm in the middle of mid terms. I can probably get started on testing this weekend

Kingzxkobra if you want to catch me on PSN
Old 10-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #24
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREYN24
Personally I think everything in the Pistons playbook takes forever, I don't know if its just them or every other team as well that is like that but it drives me crazy! By the time the play actually gets ran, I've got 5 seconds left on the shot clock with the ball in Drummond's hand at the top of the 3 pt line forcing up a forced unrealistic shot.

Same for me as well. And it's been like this for me for the last couple years. But I must say it's even worse this year with the added physicality animations. I call my play immediately after getting a rebound or taking the ball out of bounds. And it still takes forever. I can go to the circle and it's like my teammates just sit there doing nothing for awhile before they start to get into the play.

I haven't used any other play book other than the Pistons so I can't speak for other plays. But a majority of the plays in the Pistons playbook take forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »