Home

Is the new sub rotation settings the best new feature?

This is a discussion on Is the new sub rotation settings the best new feature? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is the new sub rotation settings the best new feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetro
After setting up our advanced rotations, do we just set the substitutions to Auto in the Coach Settings to make those rotations take effect??

Yes, that's all I had to do. I just set it up in my coach gameplan for all NBA teams, put subs in auto in the coach settings and it worked.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #10
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetro
After setting up our advanced rotations, do we just set the substitutions to Auto in the Coach Settings to make those rotations take effect??
Have to set it to auto for advance subs to work. I also use rotations as opposed to fatigue under auto sub option. Not sure if that is necessary though. I couldnt get it to work before i went from manaul sub to auto. Which makes sense.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #11
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

I agree on this being the best new feature for Franchise mode players. It really helps ensure your team is playing sim games the way you intend them to play.

Also helps you in games as well with me going auto subs/rotation.

If there are fouls or someone getting hot/cold that force me to break the rotation I go manual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #12
Pro

Saro1's Arena

Advanced Rotation work only if you play 12 minutes per quarter, I play 7 minutes and the rotation are like I play 12.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
Advanced Rotation work only if you play 12 minutes per quarter, I play 7 minutes and the rotation are like I play 12.

I was able to get it to work for 8 minute quarters. And I must say it works really well. You just have to lower the starters minutes by a bit and the raise the bench player, to counteract the length the starters are on the floor.

Although it still does keep my starters out there too long and I'll occasionally have to sub manual to give a breather. Just got to play with it a little bit and see when it where it substitutes with your quarter length.

Sent from my iPhone using TapTalk
Old 09-23-2016, 07:06 PM   #14
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I love that they added it, but wish it could be streamlined a lot more. As it stands you pretty much have to build the rotation from scratch (initial AI-created rotation will differ a lot from your assigned minutes) which takes a while. If you play through MyLeague at a slower pace, maybe even playing every game this isn't a big deal. But if you only play every few games (say, maybe 10-15 in a season) you'll be spending almost as much time setting your lineups as you will be actually playing the game (no way you make it through a season without having to set a new rotation at least a dozen times).

And whatever team you're playing will still have terrible rotations, unless you go through and do it yourself (have fun doing this for a 30+ team league over several 82 game seasons). It's a step in the right direction, but I think it's a bit of a niche feature that's 'worth' messing with for a small subset of players. Honestly, I think simply getting the initially created rotation to match the minutes screen would be a big improvement towards streamlining, all you would have to do at that point would be fine tuning rather than a complete rewrite. I can't stand having my starting PG set for 28 minutes and my backup PG set for 20, and the game automatically changing them to 33/15 and making the starter play the entire 4th.

Last edited by joosegoose; 09-23-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:06 AM   #15
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

I don't know if it's due to this feature or an overall bug, but it stops the auto sub out when a player gets in foul trouble. It will literally allow you to foul out in the 1st quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »