Home

Is the new sub rotation settings the best new feature?

This is a discussion on Is the new sub rotation settings the best new feature? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Is the new sub rotation settings the best new feature?

First let me say, Im a total Sim head. So this questions more geared towards myleague players. For myself, I play 12 min with HOF with coaching mode (the work around) so I want the game to play as simulation as possible.

For years one of my gripes was when I played the CPU, their rotations would be out of wack and this killed the simulation aspect. For example it was nearly impossible to play against GS and their small ball strategy in the 4th. Or get rid of those platoon subs by the CPU.

But with this feature, you get very realistic substitutions by the CPU. Makes the game and strategy a whole lot better and challenging. Also I like that we can control any team on the fly and switch back.

So that's just me but I think the new sub feature was the best addition to me for realistic game play. No more all starters play 32 plus minutes no matter what lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is the new sub rotation settings the best new feature?

If you are talking about advanced rotations then i agree it is a gret addition. Adds immensly to the realism. Especially with how the manual subs are bugged in timing.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If you are talking about advanced rotations then i agree it is a gret addition. Adds immensly to the realism. Especially with how the manual subs are bugged in timing.
Yea that's what I'm referring to.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #4
Rookie

After setting up our advanced rotations, do we just set the substitutions to Auto in the Coach Settings to make those rotations take effect??
Old 09-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

some other posts stating this feature is not working correctly-
also id like to know about setting the subs to auto as well, if it is even working
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

It works. I play with Lakers and I start with DLO, Clarkson, Bogdanovic, Deng, Mozgov and end the game with DLO, Bogdanovic, Ingram, Deng, Nance. And every sub is made in correct minute mark, +- one minute depending on gameplay. It is set on auto subs in coach settings and minutes.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:54 PM   #7
Pro

Yes you will set them to auto and they should work. But to make sure that the subs are sticking for the cup you will have to control the cpu team and then play.

For example: you are the Hawks and you GS next on the schedule. You will go to options and take over GS (now you have 2 user teams Hawks and GS). You fix the GS substitution pattern and then play them. This way you're not going against the CPU per se but against the user controlled GS. I do it this way to make sure that the cpu does not revert back to the original rotations... After the game, I go back to the options screen and change GS to CPU.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is one of my favorite features in MyLeague for sure. The only negative to it I've found is that it doesn't handle a player in foul trouble very well (have to turn off auto subs to keep the coach from subbing him back in if I manually take him out). I hope 2K uses this to tune their default rosters throughout the year for the other modes so we can use a team in Play Now with realistic rotations on auto for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »