Home

MyCareer CPU Shooting % is absurdly high

This is a discussion on MyCareer CPU Shooting % is absurdly high within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
MyCareer CPU Shooting % is absurdly high

I actually really like the new MyCareer - Justice and all. I am playing it non-stop but there is one thing that is trying to ruin the game for me;

The CPU consistently hits 50%-58% from the field, and they routinely hit about 50% from the 3pt line even with players like John Wall and other poor deep ball shooters.

Is there a way for us to change this? Currently my team hits a normal shooting % thanks to the patch from 2k that reduced player shooting %. This unbalanced change has resulted in my team not being able to win games. We are currently on a 5 game losing streak after having a rough streach of going 3-6, and scores are normally 130-100, the CPU does not miss - contested shots mean nothing to the CPU. I am okay with losing but this is ridiculous.

Can we edit sliders in the main menu to effect MyCareer? I assume we can't, but it's the only idea I currently have.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for any help.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MyCareer CPU Shooting % is absurdly high

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
I actually really like the new MyCareer - Justice and all. I am playing it non-stop but there is one thing that is trying to ruin the game for me;

The CPU consistently hits 50%-58% from the field, and they routinely hit about 50% from the 3pt line even with players like John Wall and other poor deep ball shooters.

Is there a way for us to change this? Currently my team hits a normal shooting % thanks to the patch from 2k that reduced player shooting %. This unbalanced change has resulted in my team not being able to win games. We are currently on a 5 game losing streak after having a rough streach of going 3-6, and scores are normally 130-100, the CPU does not miss - contested shots mean nothing to the CPU. I am okay with losing but this is ridiculous.

Can we edit sliders in the main menu to effect MyCareer? I assume we can't, but it's the only idea I currently have.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for any help.
I have the same issue in mycareer with the inflated stat %'s. Unfortunately you can't edit the sliders.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:58 PM   #3
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I have the same issue in mycareer with the inflated stat %'s. Unfortunately you can't edit the sliders.
That's what I figured.

I also don't think changing the difficulty does anything because it really just dictates how effective ACE is.

I hope they patch something soon to just affect MyCareer CPU shooting.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #4
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

the difficulty is the slider now. anything over rookie inflates the cpu to unrealistic %'s and then on rookie the game just plays like it was meant for 5 year olds.

Its a lose lose situation for now but they are considering updating the difficulties to have better results
Old 09-24-2016, 12:46 PM   #5
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
the difficulty is the slider now. anything over rookie inflates the cpu to unrealistic %'s and then on rookie the game just plays like it was meant for 5 year olds.

Its a lose lose situation for now but they are considering updating the difficulties to have better results
I hope they update it, it really just needs some fine tuning. Otherwise I think the mode is pretty good, this is my one major gripe.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

The sliders for Superstar and HOF have CPU shooting percentage lowered.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #7
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

The CPU for HOF is ridiculous. They make almost everything and on top of that they call way too many fouls.

I thought it would be better than last year w/ 2K saying this year they didn't add attribute boost for CPU players on HOF and made them smarter. But that seems far from the truth. Last year was better on HOF for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-24-2016, 02:23 PM   #8
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Regardless, the ai for MyCareer is gimped and that to my thinking is the root of the issue. The ai rotations and help defense and play-calling are bad enough in the "normal" modes but because 2K insists on treating our MC as if he were Jordan and keeps pushing us to have 40points, 15 rebounds and 20 assists a game, no matter the position we play, everything is magnified.

Years ago, I was pushing for the ai in MyCareer to be on equal par with the other modes but DaCzar and others kept saying that the myCareer mode was not meant to be sim... which being the most popular mode make no sense what-so-ever!

This is the mode that trains the most people... keep it as sim as possible to help people learn the best game they can.

It is just like when Rob whateverhisname is said last year that "most people want the MC to drive into the paint so he set the MC behavior to drive... this is stupid for perimeter players and 3-and-D players and the League is moving away from the 1990's ball... why is 2K not?

Just like it took years to have 2k stop playing the MC 48 minutes a game... really we are not Mike! Seriously, we don't want to be like Mike... create a Jordan mode like 2k12 had for those who want to be Mike.

It is time to put the sim back into MyCareer and to stop treating it like some carnival basketball throw game, seeing who can score the most in the allotted time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »