Home

Trading yourself mid-season 100% breaks MyCareer story.

This is a discussion on Trading yourself mid-season 100% breaks MyCareer story. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 04:57 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Trading yourself mid-season 100% breaks MyCareer story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Maybe he wants a story based around his guy that isn't just a gimmick to get you to buy vc?

Maybe he wants the story he paid for - one that doesn't break if you do something so small (it is actually broken even before you trade yourself, but this just makes it super obvious).

Or maybe he wants to play in the Park or in Pro-Am, but can't unless he builds his guy in MyCareer.

There's a bunch more reasons why he should expect MyCareer to work, but you get the point... not sure why you're defending a broken feature?
Me personally - I'm not defending the feature not working as advertised. But to me - I'd rather a broken feature than none at all. A MyCareer where you just play games is again - hella boring. I just rather 2K clean up the mode but the custscenes, shoe deals, endoresements, etc. is what seperates it from other games and the only reason I play the mode. And it's fun really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 05:02 PM   #26
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Me personally - I'm not defending the feature not working as advertised. But to me - I'd rather a broken feature than none at all. A MyCareer where you just play games is again - hella boring. I just rather 2K clean up the mode but the custscenes, shoe deals, endoresements, etc. is what seperates it from other games and the only reason I play the mode. And it's fun really.
Thank you.

I still plan on getting traded and comparing my career against Justice's, I don't need extra cutscenes to make me do that.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #27
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Maybe he wants a story based around his guy that isn't just a gimmick to get you to buy vc?

Maybe he wants the story he paid for - one that doesn't break if you do something so small (it is actually broken even before you trade yourself, but this just makes it super obvious).

Or maybe he wants to play in the Park or in Pro-Am, but can't unless he builds his guy in MyCareer.

There's a bunch more reasons why he should expect MyCareer to work, but you get the point... not sure why you're defending a broken feature?

When you see what the story was the new dual control and that it was based around you and your teammate why did you think getting traded would change the dynamic? I don't know why you expected to work if you trade yourself year 1??? Talk about realistic how many rookies players get traded after 40 games????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
Thank you.

I still plan on getting traded and comparing my career against Justice's, I don't need extra cutscenes to make me do that.
I will conceede this - there should be an option to skip custscenes. That's a fair gripe for those who like to have multiple careers.

...just don't take them away entirely!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #29
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

^^^^^^^ Oh absolutely. It's annoying as hell lol.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #30
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I will conceede this - there should be an option to skip custscenes. That's a fair gripe for those who like to have multiple careers.

...just don't take them away entirely!
I wanna make another player but I can't sit through all those cutscenes again. Sucks for people with limited time.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #31
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I wanna make another player but I can't sit through all those cutscenes again. Sucks for people with limited time.
A cutscene is not a "limited time" complaint dude I'm sorry lol. Every other game you will ever play will have cutscenes. Unless they're online games like COD, where the campaign mode... has cutscenes. And yes, you can skip them, but cmon dude seriously?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #32
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
The story he paid for? We all knew the story, you get 2 players on your team. One is named Justice Winslow and the other Devin. And they are the focal point of the story. Did this slip by anyone?
It's Justice Young and Denver, not "winslow" and "devin," so I'm not sure why you're even in this thread if you don't play MyCareer.

And in case it slipped by you, watch the commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcOx2QEeyU4 It says in all caps "CHOOSE YOUR OWN PATH" in the commercial

Just because people screw you over, doesn't mean you have to make excuses for them so you don't feel like you got screwed over (you did).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »