Home

anyone had success with fastbreaks?

This is a discussion on anyone had success with fastbreaks? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 04:59 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: anyone had success with fastbreaks?

No problem as long as i use athletic pg like westbrook. But yes the defender now doing transition defense very well than before

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2016, 05:12 AM   #10
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I only got real fastbreaks somehow with GSW and I play with the Cavs the most but fastbreaks were hard with every team on the game so far... All of sudden now I am getting double the amount of fastbreak points like I did in the past. That's the first thing I noticed yesterday. LeBron can finally use his max speed now but before he was like an old man. One of my major gripes with this game was the fastbreak with the user was a headache but not anymore.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:38 AM   #11
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Fastbreaks feel wrong this year. Players don't fill the lane correctly. I'll be running a 3 on 1 fastbreak pushing the ball in the middle and my 2 teammates will be running side by side together on either side. I also noticed on 2 on 1 fastbreaks my teammates always tend to run to tge corner for a 3 pointer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #12
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Very few fast break opportunities. It's one of a few reasons I'm shooting so poorly. More times than not, my guys find a reason not to get out... bumped, stutter step, etc. Breaks are not developing when I believe they should. But when they do get out, I rarely have teammates fill lanes. Almost everyone flares to the 3 pt line.

My high is 12 fast break points, one game. Every other game has been single digits.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #13
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Very few fast break opportunities. It's one of a few reasons I'm shooting so poorly. More times than not, my guys find a reason not to get out... bumped, stutter step, etc. Breaks are not developing when I believe they should. But when they do get out, I rarely have teammates fill lanes. Almost everyone flares to the 3 pt line.

My high is 12 fast break points, one game. Every other game has been single digits.
This too. My teammates hardly ever run down the court after a shot goes up. I'm just hoping the reason for this is because the Run in Transition POE is not activated due to the glitch. It would be very dissapointing to find out their solution to the transition defense problems from last year was to nerf fastbreaks.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #14
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Ive adjusted my sliders to give me an advantage over the CPU in speed and hustle, which has at least helped with separation on breaks. Its reduced the magical catch up factor mostly. The issue at this point is guys not filling lanes properly or drifting out to three. Thats something I dont think we will be able to change.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #15
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
imo - last year they were too much, now this year it seems they're non-existent. either the players don't have any urgency to leak out when they have an open court ahead of them, or the cpu catches up in a ridiculous, unrealistic manner.

I noticed a lot of times after a big steal on the other end of the court, the PG or SG would be running and then turn around or stop for no reason. I don't get it. Doesn't seem consistent either, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #16
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

They seemed to really tone down the guys that can "rebound an break" animation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »