Home

For those still saying sharpshooters are not op....

This is a discussion on For those still saying sharpshooters are not op.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: For those still saying sharpshooters are not op....

All these dudes saying "You just gotta press them as soon as they pass half!", "You just gotta switch off the screen!" , "You just can't give them an inch of room! Come on scrubs!"

Why is this the only archetype that you gotta gameplan specifically around or play airtight D just to partially neurtralize? None of the other archetypes is this punishing. I don't think the game needs to be fully equally balanced but I think it's a bit goofy that I need a fully cohesive team just to contain a Sharpshooter. Play with some randos and it's lights out or even if you got a weaker dude on your team.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #74
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstone77
Out of curiosity, Has anyone else seen any other archetype put up these kind of numbers consistently.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

Just witnessed a stretch big go 4/5 on My Park vs our team. Must have been 7'1 basically he would grab every rebound pass to pg run around and pop 3s. In every year I lost count since when everyone use to complain about Forwards dunking easy. So 2k took that away from us. Last year 3pt shots were toned down but now back up again. Have any of you played my park? Just grab a bag of popcorn and watch the 3 point contests at all games. It's getting ridiculous out there. Sharp shooters run around in circles pop 3s, stretch bigs popping 3s. I think those that made defenders, glass cleaners, slashers, and athletic finishers got royally screwed this year.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFDOOMBOT
Fixing the moving screens will lessen their effectiveness
A better moving screen detection system would definitely help, but I would also like to see the shoot off the dribble rating changed so that it applies to all shots that are taken while dribbling. Right now that rating only applies to moving shot animations like leaners, pullups, and spin shots.

Those two changes would bring the sharpshooter back to being the Kyle Korver type player that he was intended to be, not the Steph Curry type player that he is currently.

A class with only 11 out of a possible 25 bars in the shoot of the dribble category shouldn't be a reliable shooting threat unless he's catching a pass before he goes into his shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #76
Rookie

FrequencyVibrations's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
people are telling people stop the BS like they are in the living room with them lmao.

implying the park courts are the same dimentions as a NBA one. sharpshooters are EASILY pulling up from the half court mark on the court. i dont need to lie to prove a point. it was easy to do in years before with Limitless range. but now with all the added boost they get in shooting (plus park badges) its laughable. with or without defense.

this is coming from a guy who has a lockdown defender build, and seen people just pull up like im not even there. in 2k17 defense is hit or miss online
I was implying 35 ft period is not where ppl are shooting from in ProAm. Nowhere did i compare a NBA court to a Park court. In Park yes this you can shoot pretty far. I believe people were talking about Pro Am tho. Not park. I didn't say anything about Park. Park on the other hand yes i'd say out there if you know how to shoot its pretty much game over if you're giving a sharpshooter space crossing half court line.

Last edited by FrequencyVibrations; 09-28-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #77
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
All these dudes saying "You just gotta press them as soon as they pass half!", "You just gotta switch off the screen!" , "You just can't give them an inch of room! Come on scrubs!"

Why is this the only archetype that you gotta gameplan specifically around or play airtight D just to partially neurtralize? None of the other archetypes is this punishing. I don't think the game needs to be fully equally balanced but I think it's a bit goofy that I need a fully cohesive team just to contain a Sharpshooter. Play with some randos and it's lights out or even if you got a weaker dude on your team.

The way this game is going is basically telling everyone that made a player to delete start over and pick sharp shooter. They can knock 3s like Curry x10, Dribble like AI, and they can also take it to the hoop and dunk like MJ. So what exactly is the point in making different arch types and having balance? Dunking packages should have only been limited to slasher and athletic finishers and sharp shooters should be the only build type that can hit 3s at a good % but not at these rates. This is straight out murder and now every park you go to there are 2 sharp shooters waiting on got next. You can actually count how limited other arch types are out there.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
This is a fun thread. It's like everyone is saying "The sky is blue!" and then all the sharpshooters are saying "Nah, you're just making it blue cause you play bad defense."

Or something like that.

On topic - I'm avoiding park like the plague until it's addressed. If it's not, I just won't play online.

Good one less scrub online, I'm tired of you bums getting killed and crazy to patch the game, I refuse to see this game get ruined like 2k16 because you dudes can't guard something so simple.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequencyVibrations
In Park yes this you can shoot pretty far. I believe people were talking about Pro Am tho. Not park. I didn't say anything about Park. Park on the other hand yes i'd say out there if you know how to shoot its pretty much game over if you're giving a sharpshooter space crossing half court line.
You can shoot from quite the insane range in pro-am aswell with a sharpshooter with HOF badges. I was watching a stream of a guy trying to go for 100 points and all he did was shoot way behind the line and greening almost every shot.

x2 Sharpshooter and post scorer setups at park is the only lineup that is incredibly hard to guard. Brick wall screens and then they just walk side to side almost like 2k15. My friend and I know how to switch but with brick wall its just game over. Not to mention if we bring our center up with us to help us cover, it usually leads to easy rebounds for opposite teams center after he gets a speedy roll of his screens.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #80
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie

Well, I did offer solutions while it's not fixed, but I agree. It's definitely format warping, and anything that warps a game that bad is unhealthy for it.

This is a balance issue I argued last year when people wanted 3 point % raised. This is exactly what I claimed would happen if they boosted 3s like people wanted. They regulated it to one archetype but it's still format breaking.

I feel like wide open is finr. But Deadeye needs (and has ALWAYS needed) a nerf. Limitless Range needs a nerf if green is automatically a hit this year. Didn't complain last year because nothing was guaranteed, but this year that combines to make the perfect storm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »