Home

2k needs to patch these cheesy Stretch Bigs

This is a discussion on 2k needs to patch these cheesy Stretch Bigs within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 08:12 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2k needs to patch these cheesy Stretch Bigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Funny some of y'all act like y'all are kwahi or tony Allen at this myplayer game just saying playing better D doesn't cut it I don't know if some of y'all ever notice but some of chessers simply just can't be guarded. I'd love for any of y'all try to guard a team full of players who play like realsosaguwop or fredo. It gets ugly and impossible to guard the unreal stuff they do. Hop stepping from side to side or doing hessy 1 which auto gives him the biggest amount of space and you know that counts as a standing shot so it's already gonna be wet. What

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fredo had to delete his sharpshooter because he got his Arse handed to him when he couldn't run around spamming the same moves over and over. How did 2k combat this? They gave these players inhuman speed when compared with the rest of the builds. But this is a thread about shooters not playmakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 08:21 AM   #42
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

I've had to cover a couple stretch bigs in MyPark when I was the biggest player on my team at 6'6 (Playmaker). Once, a guy hit a 3 on me early and I vowed not to help anyone at all for the rest of the game. I proceeded to score 12 points and the stretch big had an offensive rebound and finish and ended with five points. He was such a liability on defense, and couldn't do anything on offense when I just sat in his hip pocket the whole game.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #43
Pro

zrohman's Arena

They are slow, can't rebound, can't get open because they are slow, and can't play defense. How can they shoot if they can't get open?? Only way is if someone is playing bad defense. A ridiculous thread
Old 10-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #44
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Funny some of y'all act like y'all are kwahi or tony Allen at this myplayer game just saying playing better D doesn't cut it I don't know if some of y'all ever notice but some of chessers simply just can't be guarded. I'd love for any of y'all try to guard a team full of players who play like realsosaguwop or fredo. It gets ugly and impossible to guard the unreal stuff they do. Hop stepping from side to side or doing hessy 1 which auto gives him the biggest amount of space and you know that counts as a standing shot so it's already gonna be wet. What

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's easier to lose your man with this new collision system. I'm not putting the full onus on any 1 user to stop his match up cold. That's not fair to anyone. Even a 55 rated player can have some luck and hit a rediculous shot or two that helps keep his team in the game and possibly win.

The collision system however does exacerbate the problem with having poor defensive ratings - not poor in the sense you can't be effective but your ratings are mediocre and call for more duty from the user and his teammates.

Unless, the Stretch Big has a Glass Cleaner teammate who can set solid screens: it is "fairly" manageable to challenge these shooters and the systems they play within. If you're hooping with people you cannot communicate with Live however and their Basketball IQ for team defense and on ball skills is not up upto par: ya, these setbacks will put you at a further disadvantage but that's not the Stretch Big fault.

I mean, we could all take a stand and take one for the team by building a Lockdown Defender and take matters into our own hands. You'll see though that a LDD still needs good team help defense. What happens when there is more than 1 shooter? It doesn't even have to be a Sharpshooter. A Shot Creator is able to get a 3pt symbol and Playmaker can also get 3s in the 70s.

It's a team challenge man. Too much pressure is put on 1 player to shutdown another 1 player and neither defensive player has the stout ratings and badges of a Lockdown Defender. 2k did well here to place emphasis on team ball and team defense. This is what makes every build have a value instead of a certain build being a Superbuild that becomes like a monopoly on the market.

There is no 1 Superbuild in this archetype system. Every build can be exposed and so it puts pressure on each lineup to have the right compliments to each build that will make the lineup work as effectively as possible as a collective whole and not as an individual enterprise.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 06:25 PM   #45
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

name me one 7'3 in the NBA who can shoot the ball similar to a 93+....go head and say porzingis im a knicks fan he shot 33% from the 3 he was a good 3 point shooter but not 90+ good. I'd be okay with stretch bigs if if it was even somewhat realistic but its not.. their 3 point shot should be no higher than a 85. In 2k14 when we had these archetype things the faceup center had a 85 3 pointers and a 90 midrange which was alot more realistic than what we see now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #46
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
name me one 7'3 in the NBA who can shoot the ball similar to a 93+....go head and say porzingis im a knicks fan he shot 33% from the 3 he was a good 3 point shooter but not 90+ good. I'd be okay with stretch bigs if if it was even somewhat realistic but its not.. their 3 point shot should be no higher than a 85. In 2k14 when we had these archetype things the faceup center had a 85 3 pointers and a 90 midrange which was alot more realistic than what we see now.
Fam I get it.. but tbh what difference does it make when they can just buy attribute boosts?

Do me a favour.. go learn the off ball defensive controls, learn how to hold on to your man when he's trying to get open, pay attention to screens and go over them before the screener is set.. and you will succeed. I have proof it works. Especialllyyyy after the recent tuning that's been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 10-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #47
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
Man this is getting out of hand! Patch this, patch that, I cant get down with this new generation of gaming.
And yet that's not a valid argument against patching something. The existence of constant complaints doesn't invalidate the complaint. Could it be the game ACTUALLY does need tweaking? Could that be a possibility? This over-reaction to over-complainers yeah I can understand, but then how many are just becoming apologists for unrealism? If ya'll are about sim, then be about sim. I'd think criticizing unrealistic gameplay would be a GOOD thing. Ya'll attacking the messenger instead of proving his claim false.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #48
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Only thing I hate about stretch bigs is when people give them jumpshots where they jump super high so it looks silly.. That's about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »